• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-20T14:29:46Z by 9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
8 Posts

Pinned topic Use Web Experience Factory to read PDF entries stored on the IFS

‏2013-12-16T23:12:05Z |

Good evening,

I have a task that requires that I use Web Experience Factory to read PDF entries from the IFS so the user can display and select them.  Can this be done using a link builder or would I have to call a java method to achieve this?  Can anyone direct me to an example where this is done?

Thank you,

~Ron

• SamAlexander
    SamAlexander
    7 Posts

Re: Use Web Experience Factory to read PDF entries stored on the IFS

‏2013-12-19T17:54:24Z  

Do you mean launch PDF's?  

Also, IFS is an acronym of a couple different technologies. Which do you mean?

• 9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
    9FFQ_Ronald_Davis
    8 Posts

Re: Use Web Experience Factory to read PDF entries stored on the IFS

‏2013-12-20T14:29:46Z  

Do you mean launch PDF's?  

Also, IFS is an acronym of a couple different technologies. Which do you mean?

Good morning Sam and thank you for responding.

The platform on which i work is the AS400 system i.  When I use the term IFS, I am referring to the Integrated File System which is composed of muliple file systms, each of which can be accessed in the style of the client  that is being used to access the iSeries. 

We store PDF's on the IFS and I am attempting to display a link in a model that represents a PDF.  The idea being once a user clicks on the link the user will have immediate visibility to the PDF.  I stumbled across an article in the developerWorks forums tha was labeled, "Displaying PDF files in Porlet Factory".  I am currenty reading this topic to see what I can glean to finish this task.

Feel free to post your insights on this matter and I will respond in kind.

Thanks,

~Ron

I also ran across this article today which may prove to be informative: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Handling_file_attachments_using_IBM_WebSphere_Portlet_Factory

Updated on 2013-12-20T15:18:13Z at 2013-12-20T15:18:13Z by 9FFQ_Ronald_Davis