• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-17T13:53:39Z by CFUB_Tomasz_Kopacki
CFUB_Tomasz_Kopacki
CFUB_Tomasz_Kopacki
4 Posts

Pinned topic Windows version and javafx

‏2013-01-16T10:48:07Z |
Hello,
will you release windows version of java8 ?
and the second question, will java8 contain javafx framework ?
Updated on 2013-01-17T13:53:39Z at 2013-01-17T13:53:39Z by CFUB_Tomasz_Kopacki
  • Jon Samuel
    Jon Samuel
    9 Posts

Re: Windows version and javafx

‏2013-01-16T13:47:09Z  
     Hello Tomasz

The Windows SDK and JRE will only be made available externally as part of a IBM Product package (such as, but not limited to, WebSphere Application Server (or similar IBM product) or the IBM Eclipse SDK)
    Therefore SDK on Windows is not available in this Beta.

As  to your second question I'll find out and clarify.

John
  • Ian_Partridge
    Ian_Partridge
    4 Posts

‏2013-01-16T15:02:23Z  
     JavaFX is not part of Java 8 Standard Edition (which is what the beta is), so no, JavaFX is not included.
  • CFUB_Tomasz_Kopacki
    CFUB_Tomasz_Kopacki
    4 Posts

‏2013-01-17T07:13:14Z  
     JavaFX is not part of Java 8 Standard Edition (which is what the beta is), so no, JavaFX is not included.
    That is strange. Oracle already merged java and javafx and according to their roadmap: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javafx/overview/roadmap-1446331.html javafx will be fully integrated with java 8. Since Swing is a dead project it looks like IBM Java can't be a replacement of Oracle Java on workstations, am I right ?
  • Ian_Partridge
    Ian_Partridge
    4 Posts

‏2013-01-17T12:43:20Z  
    That is strange. Oracle already merged java and javafx and according to their roadmap: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javafx/overview/roadmap-1446331.html javafx will be fully integrated with java 8. Since Swing is a dead project it looks like IBM Java can't be a replacement of Oracle Java on workstations, am I right ?
    I believe that Oracle plan to "co-bundle" JavaFX with their implementation of Java 8 SE.

Note that your link says "Oracle plans to standardize JavaFX, with the goal of having it included in the Java SE 9 umbrella". 
  • CFUB_Tomasz_Kopacki
    CFUB_Tomasz_Kopacki
    4 Posts

‏2013-01-17T13:07:03Z  
    I believe that Oracle plan to "co-bundle" JavaFX with their implementation of Java 8 SE.

Note that your link says "Oracle plans to standardize JavaFX, with the goal of having it included in the Java SE 9 umbrella". 
     so, until Oracle won't release JSR, JavaFX won't be a part of IBM Java ?
  • Ian_Partridge
    Ian_Partridge
    4 Posts

‏2013-01-17T13:22:19Z  
     so, until Oracle won't release JSR, JavaFX won't be a part of IBM Java ?
     IBM does not plan to co-bundle JavaFX with their implementation of Java 8 SE.
  • CFUB_Tomasz_Kopacki
    CFUB_Tomasz_Kopacki
    4 Posts

‏2013-01-17T13:53:39Z  
     IBM does not plan to co-bundle JavaFX with their implementation of Java 8 SE.
     ok, thanks.