Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-05T08:35:54Z by jani73
Buzzcut
Buzzcut
10 Posts

Pinned topic availability of isim 6.0.0.1 fixpack

‏2013-04-23T13:33:05Z |

I had another post asking about business case / justifications for access/role requests, and when I got investigating the answer I was given further I see that there is a 6.0.0.1 fixpack that's been pulled. Has anybody been given an ETA on when this would become available? The changelog for 6.0.0.1 noted that the functionality I was requesting in my previous post was added in the fixpack so it would be great to know when this is expected to be available.

Updated on 2013-04-23T13:33:29Z at 2013-04-23T13:33:29Z by Buzzcut
  • goonitsupport
    goonitsupport
    103 Posts

Re: availability of isim 6.0.0.1 fixpack

‏2013-05-02T11:56:18Z  

6.0.0.1b is now available to download through fixcentral.

The first time I tried to install the fixpack it failed as it starts and then stops the WAS server. I believe the server stop fails because gloabal security is turned on. Turning off WAS security seems to have fixed the issue (but I am not impressed).

• kbaddam
    kbaddam
    9 Posts

‏2013-05-07T13:55:43Z  

There are multiple problems with the installation. It excepts all java processes including the DM and node agent shutdown. If you do that it fails because it can not start the app server. You have to keep them down until the checks are done and start them just before clicking on start install. The database config dialog never shows and it fails during the dbupgrade portion of the update. You have to end up running the dbupgrade and the ear file installation manually.

We wanted to use the justification form field in the Self Service UI. This is our main reason for installing this fixpack. Unfortunately this seems to be work in progress. The justification box shows up even for approvers and provisioners. It does not display the orginal justification entered by the requester anywhere. This is unusable.

The Self Service app should have hooks to extend the functionality. Customers should be able to extend the functionality not just themes and skins.

• jani73
    jani73
    7 Posts

‏2013-06-05T08:35:54Z  
    • kbaddam
    • ‏2013-05-07T13:55:43Z

There are multiple problems with the installation. It excepts all java processes including the DM and node agent shutdown. If you do that it fails because it can not start the app server. You have to keep them down until the checks are done and start them just before clicking on start install. The database config dialog never shows and it fails during the dbupgrade portion of the update. You have to end up running the dbupgrade and the ear file installation manually.

We wanted to use the justification form field in the Self Service UI. This is our main reason for installing this fixpack. Unfortunately this seems to be work in progress. The justification box shows up even for approvers and provisioners. It does not display the orginal justification entered by the requester anywhere. This is unusable.

The Self Service app should have hooks to extend the functionality. Customers should be able to extend the functionality not just themes and skins.

I concur with the above, the Justification feature is still work in progress. So are the documentations for it.. The documentation implies you should add two extensions to scriptframework.properties, but only lists on extension (java.util.ArrayList) to add.

And yes, the Justification duplicates the functionality of approver comments. Hence it should be optional for them.