• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-11-05T09:56:46Z by DeepaJayadeep
iraban
iraban
4 Posts

Pinned topic Migrating data from Virtual to Physical component in IBM MDM V11

‏2014-07-08T12:33:16Z | mdm-migration

Hi Team,

We are working with MDM server 11 in hybrid mode. As a requirement we need to change the default mapping in the virtualperson.map file. We have added a new table in the virtual schema And did an addition in physical schema too. Now we want execute a transaction which will generate the hybrid view and also persist the data in physical. We have done all the required changes to enable the Hybrid view.

Before adding the new segments in physical and virtual end we were able persist the data in physical. But when we are doing mapping between the new segments ,physical is not storing the data.

Can I get any tutorial or your suggestions where I can get the information regarding the mapping when we do any addition or extension in the Hybrid mode.

It will be very helpful If i get this support.

Regards,

Iraban

• Roxanne_Merizalde
    Roxanne_Merizalde
    3 Posts

Re: Migrating data from Virtual to Physical component in IBM MDM V11

‏2014-07-09T11:46:00Z  

The document here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSWSR9_11.0.0/com.ibm.swg.im.mdmhs.hybrid.setup.doc/topics/UsingDefaultMappingForVirtualToPhysical.html?lang=en describes the steps for editing virtualperson.map.

Regards

Roxanne Merizalde
    WW Education Offering Leader
    Information Management
  • iraban
    iraban
    4 Posts

‏2014-07-11T12:39:37Z  

The document here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSWSR9_11.0.0/com.ibm.swg.im.mdmhs.hybrid.setup.doc/topics/UsingDefaultMappingForVirtualToPhysical.html?lang=en describes the steps for editing virtualperson.map.

Regards

Roxanne Merizalde
    WW Education Offering Leader
    Information Management

Thanks for the response. However I need a little more detailed explanation.

Here is the scenario:-

In the virtual component I have added an extra field called 'Nickname' in mpi_pername table. I did an inline extension in the physical component on the table personname where the field name is 'Akaname'. Now, I want to map the Nickname field with the Akaname field(inside TCRMPersonNameBObj/TCRMExtension object) from the mapping editor. But while doing that it's giving an error like unable find the path of the object in the physical component.

In hybrid, updates occur in virtual side, and then an update is sent over to the physical side using XML event notifications. The error indicates that the interaction completed in the virtual side, but the notification part failed due to the mapping error.

So, it would be helpful if someone can provide a detailed explanation for doing the mapping configuration related to the above mentioned scenario.

Waiting for your reply.

• jtonline
    jtonline
    38 Posts

‏2014-07-11T15:27:24Z  
    • iraban
    • ‏2014-07-11T12:39:37Z

Thanks for the response. However I need a little more detailed explanation.

Here is the scenario:-

In the virtual component I have added an extra field called 'Nickname' in mpi_pername table. I did an inline extension in the physical component on the table personname where the field name is 'Akaname'. Now, I want to map the Nickname field with the Akaname field(inside TCRMPersonNameBObj/TCRMExtension object) from the mapping editor. But while doing that it's giving an error like unable find the path of the object in the physical component.

In hybrid, updates occur in virtual side, and then an update is sent over to the physical side using XML event notifications. The error indicates that the interaction completed in the virtual side, but the notification part failed due to the mapping error.

So, it would be helpful if someone can provide a detailed explanation for doing the mapping configuration related to the above mentioned scenario.

Waiting for your reply.

I'm not sure if you were using nickname as an example to experiment with mapping virtual to physical but if not, you shouldn't actually need to extend the physical data model at all. Names already include a name usage type, one of which is Nickname. The hybrid party mapping includes a lookup from the LOOKUP_PERNAME map variable to transcode PERNICKNAME names from virtual data, to the Nickname usage tpye for physical.

Where are you seeing the mapping error? In the mapping editor in the workbench? If that does have errors, and a working (tested) transform hasn't been published to the server, then the data won't make it through to the physical side. The mapping project should have references to the virtual configuration project to pick up what you're mapping from, and the MDMSharedResources project to pick up what you're mapping to. The physical schema in the MDMSharedResources project is a combination of the out of box data model, along with any modifications you've made in development projects in the workspace, so make sure you are doing the mapping in the workspace you used to add the new field.

There isn't a tutorial available yet that I know of, but I'll see if I can find something.

Hope that helps, James

• DeepaJayadeep
    DeepaJayadeep
    2 Posts

‏2015-11-05T09:56:46Z  

Hi James,

We are facing the same situation as in we have to map a virtual entity to an extension field can you please help with this?

Regards,

Deepa