Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-08T09:52:26Z by MarkMpasa(T-Voli)
BV0Y_Petr_Votava
BV0Y_Petr_Votava
2 Posts

Pinned topic Revoked TEP Webstart client certificate

‏2013-07-23T09:38:00Z | certificate tep

I've installed the latest Trial VMs. After start all processes are running. When I try to connect to TEP via Webstart client it loadts a .jar file and reports following error:
Certificate has been revoked.
The application will not be executed.

And the detail information shown after pressing More Information butteon is:
java.security.cert.CertificateRevokedException: Certificate has been revoked, reason: KEY_COMPROMISE, revocation date: Mon Jan 14 17:42:44 CET 2013, authority: CN=VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA, OU=Terms of use at https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)09, OU=VeriSign Trust Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US, extensions: {}
                at com.sun.deploy.security.RevocationChecker.checkOCSP(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.deploy.security.RevocationChecker.check(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.checkRevocationStatus(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.getValidationState(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.validateChain(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissionGranted(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.security.AppPolicy.grantUnrestrictedAccess(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Did anybody see this error?

Petr

• ondrejk
    ondrejk
    1 Post

Re: Revoked TEP Webstart client certificate

‏2013-07-24T08:51:15Z  

Hi yes I've also this problem, I tried to find this wrong certificate in my fox browser but there isn't nothing like this:(

• harneet85
    harneet85
    1 Post

‏2013-07-26T11:18:05Z  

I am facing the exact same issue !! did anyone found any solution. I am sure we can replace a certificate . But

can we add our personal certificate ?

and how to add ?

• BV0Y_Petr_Votava
    BV0Y_Petr_Votava
    2 Posts

‏2013-08-09T12:25:35Z  

I've found some solution. The problem is related to the java version.

If Oracle java 1.6 32bit is installed as the last java version or IBM java 1.6 32 bit as the only java version the Web Start client doesn't report the certificate error and starts.

It is not only strange error message but also strange behavior. I opposite to the java applet the Web start application has the possibility to select the right java version if more versions are installed.

• MarkMpasa(T-Voli)
    MarkMpasa(T-Voli)
    1 Post

‏2014-05-08T09:52:26Z  

It seems that the problem does not appear when using Firefox. This is a workaround that resolved for me. IE and Others had this issue.