• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-16T13:34:57Z by frankb
SaqibFarooq
SaqibFarooq
26 Posts

Pinned topic Add button in Self Service Center

‏2013-08-22T14:58:20Z |

Hi All,

I am using IBM Smart Cloud Control Desk 7.5.1 on Windows.

I want to add button on Self Service Center and by pressing that button SR's status turn to closed.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Saqib Farooq

• frankb
    frankb
    13 Posts

Re: Add button in Self Service Center

‏2013-08-27T15:43:23Z  

You will have to be more specific Where do you want it added?  Do you want a button added to the View SR dialog? If so, the SSCenter View SR dialog  is a  regular TPAe UI dialog and can be modified.  So you can change it to add a button.

Frank

• SaqibFarooq
    SaqibFarooq
    26 Posts

‏2013-09-05T07:51:18Z  
    • frankb
    • ‏2013-08-27T15:43:23Z

You will have to be more specific Where do you want it added?  Do you want a button added to the View SR dialog? If so, the SSCenter View SR dialog  is a  regular TPAe UI dialog and can be modified.  So you can change it to add a button.

Frank

Hello Frank,

Thank you for reply,

What I want is, that a user can close SR by pressing this button only when the status of the ticket is 'Resolved'.

I am able to add the button in the Service Request details dialog in the Self Service center application. But the problem is that, the button is always shown as dim, whatever the status of the ticket is.

Secondly, what should do at the back-end of the button, so that pressing this button "changes the status of SR to Close".

I want one more feature is, this button becomes available until the status of the ticket is 'Resolved', Is it possible?

If yes, please provide the solution.

Thank you,

• frankb
    frankb
    13 Posts

‏2013-09-09T15:39:50Z  

Hello Frank,

Thank you for reply,

What I want is, that a user can close SR by pressing this button only when the status of the ticket is 'Resolved'.

I am able to add the button in the Service Request details dialog in the Self Service center application. But the problem is that, the button is always shown as dim, whatever the status of the ticket is.

Secondly, what should do at the back-end of the button, so that pressing this button "changes the status of SR to Close".

I want one more feature is, this button becomes available until the status of the ticket is 'Resolved', Is it possible?

If yes, please provide the solution.

Thank you,

You should be able to add a button to the View SR dialog. To hide it or not see it if  the status is not 'Resolved', you will need add a sigoption with a condition on it. That's one way of doing it.

When you press the button, you want to change the status of the SR to 'Close'. One way to do that is with code by extending the Dialog bean, adding a method that is invoked when the button is pressed.  And in the method you want to get the SR and close it

Frank

• SaqibFarooq
    SaqibFarooq
    26 Posts

‏2013-09-13T07:39:43Z  
    • frankb
    • ‏2013-09-09T15:39:50Z

You should be able to add a button to the View SR dialog. To hide it or not see it if  the status is not 'Resolved', you will need add a sigoption with a condition on it. That's one way of doing it.

When you press the button, you want to change the status of the SR to 'Close'. One way to do that is with code by extending the Dialog bean, adding a method that is invoked when the button is pressed.  And in the method you want to get the SR and close it

Frank

Hello Frank,

I have no idea about the usage of Dialog bean. So can you tell me another way to do this?

Or please can you list down the steps to do it by from Dialog bean.

• frankb
    frankb
    13 Posts

‏2013-09-16T13:34:57Z  

Hello Frank,

I have no idea about the usage of Dialog bean. So can you tell me another way to do this?

Or please can you list down the steps to do it by from Dialog bean.

Hi,

I'm not aware of non-programmatic way to do it. It might be possible to launch a workflow to close the SR but I'm not sure.

If you are comfortable with Maximo programming then you need to extend  the View Service Request dialog bean com.ibm.ism.pmsc.webclient.beans.selfsrv.SRMSSViewSRDataBean