Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-07T03:32:37Z by UchihaItachi
Praveenrc
Praveenrc
2 Posts

Pinned topic Triggers to popup a message when user attempts to close in Exclusive mode

‏2013-12-02T13:06:42Z |

Hi ,

can some one provide me a script  for  following function:

when a user attempts to close a module , which is in exclusive/shareable edit mode (by respective user) 

user should see a pop up window , with the following message

"Please keep module in Read only before closing "

Thanks

• Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2003 Posts

Re: Triggers to popup a message when user attempts to close in Exclusive mode

‏2013-12-02T14:35:36Z  

Why would you want to do that? It seems you are relying on users explicitly going to read mode, instead of closing the module after saving, which is troubling because there should not really be a difference for DOORS. Therefore it seems you trying to do that as a workaround for something else, but it would be interesting to know the original problem. Sorry for not providing a solution, I guess someone else can fill in here... Regards, Mathias

• UchihaItachi
    UchihaItachi
    3 Posts

Re: Triggers to popup a message when user attempts to close in Exclusive mode

‏2014-01-07T03:32:37Z  

Don't know the specific script, but as far as I know, you can use desktop alert control to create popup window. These things seems to be able to simplify the process. However, the process of becoming familiar with the desktop alert customize may take a little time.