Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-01T14:37:19Z by JorgeTuzi
JorgeTuzi
JorgeTuzi
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic system parameters

‏2013-01-18T21:54:52Z |
 Hi: I have just installed in a iseries machine  the Datamirror CDC 6.1 for DB2 and I need  to view and change the system parameters ¿ do anybody know which command alllow it? Thanks in advance!!!
Updated on 2013-03-01T14:37:19Z at 2013-03-01T14:37:19Z by JorgeTuzi
  • Rphilo
    Rphilo
    279 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: system parameters

‏2013-01-20T13:57:20Z  in response to JorgeTuzi
     Hi

You can set the system parameters from Management Console in the same way as any other datastore, i.e. configuration/datastores/select the datastore/properties/system values. All the available system values are displayed (unlike the java engines) so there is no opton to add or delete, only modify

The system values can also be set using the commands CHGDMSVAL and CBGDMTVAL for source and target respectively. To run the commands the product library (DMIRROR or whatever) must be the current library (CHGCURLIB).This is documented in the user guide for CDC on the iSeries, or you can use the F1 and F4 keys for on-line help or prompting.

Regards

Robert
    • JorgeTuzi
      JorgeTuzi
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-23T21:35:36Z  in response to Rphilo
       Hi Robert,

thanks for your answer!!,  I could find the system parameters but I still have a problem, What is the procedure I have to follow to modify the system parameters?  After pressing the OK button, Do I have to do any more?, Shutdown the datastore?, I ask this becouse I have modified a parameter and I think the change wasn't made in the iseries machine.

Jorge
      • Rphilo
        Rphilo
        279 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-24T21:39:11Z  in response to JorgeTuzi
         Jorge

When you press OK the changes should be saved. You can query the tables <product library>/DMFS509P and DMFT509P (source and target) to confirm the setting, You will need to restart subscriptions for the changes to take effect.

Regards

Robert