Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-05-08T06:18:17Z by HermannSW
TimBE
TimBE
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Event trigger on startup

‏2013-05-07T06:43:28Z |

We are using the failure notifications to store an error report on an external (NFS) location in case of an unexpected reboot, but when selecting this (upload option) it's no longer possible to get notified by e-mail with the failure notification (afaik).

Since we want to get e-mailed upon every reboot we looked into other options and creating a event trigger (email pager) seemed like a good solution. The only problem: I can't find a 'reboot' event to subscribe my trigger to.

Is there somebody else who had the same problem or who uses the event trigger to trigger reboots that can tell me which event to subscribe to?

Updated on 2013-05-07T06:43:38Z at 2013-05-07T06:43:38Z by TimBE
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4379 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Event trigger on startup

‏2013-05-08T06:18:17Z  in response to TimBE

I did "shutdown reload 0" on a box and looked into "System Log".

The very first log entry after reload is this (at log level "Error"):

0x8100006b domain (default): Domain operational state is up.

This would also trigger on restart of default domain, but may fit your need.

An alternative would be to use a Scheduled Rule with Interval set to 0 -- that triggers a single execution after appliance restart.
    From WebGUI online help of XML Manager:

Scheduled Processing Policy Rule

Certain applications might require the running of a scheduled processing rule. Integration with a CA Unicenter Manager is facilitated by a regularly scheduled processing rule that obtains relationship data from the Unicenter Manager.

Rule

Select the rule to run.

Interval

Specify the interval between invocations in seconds. A value of 0 indicates a single invocation.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>