Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2014-09-17T19:53:53Z by ScottH
ShaiM
ShaiM
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic AppScan Internal Error at login

‏2014-04-23T16:14:44Z |

Last week we pushed windows patches out to all of our systems and now when I try to log into AppScan Source I get a message that says "Internal Error". Unfortunately,  there isn't an error code that might help me narrow down the possible problem. Any ideas on what might be going on here?

• MarekStepien
    MarekStepien
    15 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: AppScan Internal Error at login

‏2014-04-23T18:17:51Z  in response to ShaiM

First, the forum for AppScan Source is here: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000002154   You may get a better chance answering your question there. This forum is for AppScan Standard and AppScan Enterprise.

Is your AppScan Source using Windows Authentication or Jazz Team Server for authenticating users?

When starting, AppScan Source is trying to authenticate the user and it may fail when bringing up the dialog box for entering the user and password.
    If Jazz Team Server is used, then maybe the Tomcat service (that brings up the dialog) is not running.  I suggest to restart the machine where Appscan Enterprise server is installed. A screen capture of the error would help here.

• ShaiM
      ShaiM
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-04-23T19:28:47Z  in response to MarekStepien

Thanks Mark! I'll post future AppScan  Source questions to that Forum. I have also attached a screen shot and we are using Active directory for authenticating users.

Updated on 2014-04-23T19:30:02Z at 2014-04-23T19:30:02Z by ShaiM
  • ScottH
    ScottH
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-17T19:53:53Z  in response to ShaiM

Hello,

With the update to Windows, you may have had some permissions changes.

Rerun appscanserverdbmgr.bat from the Source Install bin folder.  Confirm with a test each step.  If you receive any errors when doing this, rerun the ASE Configuration Wizard on the ASE server then rerun the appscanserverdbmgr.bat file.

If this fails there may be an entry in one of the Source logs for your installation that may help.  They are located under ProgramData\IBM\AppScanSource\logs

The Windows Event Logs (Application, System or Security) on the ASE server may also provide additional information.