Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-10T20:56:01Z by taslima.vora
taslima.vora
taslima.vora
39 Posts

Pinned topic Fixing "Unknown error" caused on clicking "View History" on Assets app

‏2014-01-14T14:56:48Z |

On an SCCD751 upgrade environment, clicking the menuitem "View History" on the assets app throws Unknown Error.

An error message is thrown in the UI: "BMXAA4214E: An unknown error has occurred.Please contact your system administrator for assistance. Gather the logs from the <HOME> directory and determine where and why the error is thrown."

The "View History" menuitem is not supposed to show up on the lefthand navbar. But on the top toolbar. This will be fixed in sccd 7512 and sccd 752. But in the meantime, you can correct your sccd 751 env as follows:

NAVHISTORY is the sigoption for the menuitem in question.

In order to hide this menuitem from the lefthand navbar, the NAVHISTORY sigoption needs to be added  to the system property mxe.webclient.hideOnNavbar.
e.g. if mxe.webclient.hideOnNavbar has the value "NEXT, PREVIOUS", after adding this sigoption to it, it would look like
"NEXT,PREVIOUS,NAVHISTORY"

In order for  this menuitem to work on the top toolbar,  you need to add it to this system property: mxe.webclient.showOnToolbar.

e.g. if mxe.webclient.showOnToolbar has the value "INSERT,SAVE,CLEAR,NEXT,PREVIOUS", after adding this sigoption to it, it would look like
"INSERT,SAVE,CLEAR,NEXT,PREVIOUS,NAVHISTORY"

Detailed steps to change a system property:

From the lefthand navbar, click System Configuration-> Platform Configuration-> System Properties.
In the Global Properties section, search for "mxe.webclient.hideOnNavbar". Change the value as mentioned above in the Global Value field.
Click Save.
Then do Live Refresh.

Similarly change the other property mxe.webclient.showOnToolbar

Updated on 2014-01-14T15:01:03Z at 2014-01-14T15:01:03Z by taslima.vora
  • 87_GURGAON
    87_GURGAON
    4 Posts

Re: Fixing "Unknown error" caused on clicking "View History" on Assets app

‏2014-02-07T06:44:47Z  

Hello Talisma ,

Can you please share the log file for the same , to analyse the error ??

Thanks and Regards,

Devendra

• 87_GURGAON
    87_GURGAON
    4 Posts

‏2014-02-07T06:48:31Z  

Hello Talisma ,

Can you please share the log file for the same , to analyse the error ??

Thanks and Regards,

Devendra

Also, my environment is also on SCCD 751, but under View option I  don't found any View History option, is this your custom action. ??

thanks

Devendra

• taslima.vora
    taslima.vora
    39 Posts

‏2014-02-10T20:56:01Z  

Also, my environment is also on SCCD 751, but under View option I  don't found any View History option, is this your custom action. ??

thanks

Devendra

Hi Devendra

The menuitem is available only on an SCCD751 upgrade environment, not a fresh install.

I suspect you have a fresh install and hence you don't see that menuitem in the left navbar.  You should be good to go and not hit the error.

Thanks

Taslima