CindyRussell
30 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DB2 and C Connectivity

‏2013-09-04T19:03:47Z |

Subject: DB2 And C connectivty Error

------------
Hi Cindy,

I am studying for 733 certification. I am trying to connect DB2 with C. I created program "first" and when I precompiled it; I got below error : (http://api.ning.com:80/files/E4nzSQYY5FIS410B5u0hdG7z8U0BPPC8C9zho7EgDI8uMzFGGFZArENhsSWxkMdSSZrzwcqDH5nhpLWxzfAFBazfVIALc8UY/DB2AndCConnectivityError.PNG)

Could you please tell me what I have missed. Or do I have to do any manual stuff like keeping my program code in any particular folder ?

Thanks in Anticipation!!

• toronto_db2_guy
    toronto_db2_guy
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DB2 and C Connectivity

‏2013-09-18T13:08:38Z  in response to CindyRussell

It looks like a file write permission error. The DB2 Precompiler will create a new .C file when it processes the .SQC file.

I usually use the DB2 CLP from a CMD window instead of in interactive mode so I know exactly which directory is the default.

Can you check your write permissions in the directory when you do the precompile? Everything else looks fine.

• Akshay15
      Akshay15
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DB2 and C Connectivity

‏2013-10-02T14:58:37Z  in response to toronto_db2_guy

Thanks Cindy And Toronto_db2_guy for your guidance.

I did not have permission for that directory. Then I change the owner of the directory.

I let you know about my progress on this.

Cindy and Toronto_db2_guy, I need one more help.

Could you provide me some docs or any material like Tutorials for 733 certifications, some practical exercises ?

Thanks once again..!!!!