Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-13T05:28:51Z by Novikov_Alexander
Mayaro
Mayaro
2 Posts

Pinned topic HS21 AMM Firmware Upgrade Error

‏2014-05-02T19:03:29Z |

I'm in the process of updating my AMM from BPET66B to the latest BPET66D but fails with the following errors,

of which none are true. Do I need to upgrade the HS21 Blade server(s) to the most recent before updating the AMM,

or am I missing something here. The PKT file is the latest and works on other modules. Also, can I update a Blade server firmware/bios without

having to reboot the server

Error:Unable to start Flashing. Possible reason could be:

A firmware update is already in progress

The firmware update file is invalid

The firmware update file is not intended for this hardware

Updated on 2014-05-02T19:07:38Z at 2014-05-02T19:07:38Z by Mayaro
  • Novikov_Alexander
    Novikov_Alexander
    1147 Posts

Re: HS21 AMM Firmware Upgrade Error

‏2014-05-09T08:33:12Z  

Dear Eric,

restart AMM and then start update again. If problem again, then post AMM Service Data.

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Moscow, Russia

• Mayaro
    Mayaro
    2 Posts

‏2014-05-09T13:02:26Z  

Dear Eric,

restart AMM and then start update again. If problem again, then post AMM Service Data.

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Moscow, Russia

Thanks for the response. I did try restarting the AMM but results were the same. I did notice however that there is a mismatch in firmware between servers in the BladeCenter, which could be but not certain might be the issue. I did have same issue on another Blade Model E with HS20s as oppose to HS21s and was able to update the AMM firmware after updating the Blade Firmware/BIOS. If there is another solution, please post. More importantly, is there an option to update the Blade firmware/bios  without rebooting the servers. Thank You

• Novikov_Alexander
    Novikov_Alexander
    1147 Posts

‏2014-05-13T05:28:51Z  
    • Mayaro
    • ‏2014-05-09T13:02:26Z

Thanks for the response. I did try restarting the AMM but results were the same. I did notice however that there is a mismatch in firmware between servers in the BladeCenter, which could be but not certain might be the issue. I did have same issue on another Blade Model E with HS20s as oppose to HS21s and was able to update the AMM firmware after updating the Blade Firmware/BIOS. If there is another solution, please post. More importantly, is there an option to update the Blade firmware/bios  without rebooting the servers. Thank You

Dear Eric,

lets check AMM Service Data.

How update fw and info about rebooting you can can read in his readme file.

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Moscow, Russia