Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-15T13:16:57Z by tcassid
JirongHu
JirongHu
687 Posts

Pinned topic What CQ client do I need to run a remote CCCQ UCM integration?

‏2013-05-14T17:11:45Z | ccrc clearcase clearquest cm server

Hi

We have a CCCQ 7.1.1 UCM integrated environment on Windows. Now the off-shore users want to use our system. They want to use CCRC/eclipse for the remote access. What kind of client do they need for CQ?

Thanks

Jirong

• tcassid
    tcassid
    20 Posts

Re: What CQ client do I need to run a remote CCCQ UCM integration?

‏2013-05-14T19:37:10Z  

If the off-shore users have local servers why would they want to complicate things by using CCRC?  The Remote Client was designed for cross-continent use because it is so highly dependent on the network.  Many times network problems lead to CCRC problems.

If they insist, they should probably use CQ Web.  This would require the CM Server component for CQ Web be installed on the system.

• JirongHu
    JirongHu
    687 Posts

‏2013-05-14T23:06:19Z  
    • tcassid
    • ‏2013-05-14T19:37:10Z

If the off-shore users have local servers why would they want to complicate things by using CCRC?  The Remote Client was designed for cross-continent use because it is so highly dependent on the network.  Many times network problems lead to CCRC problems.

If they insist, they should probably use CQ Web.  This would require the CM Server component for CQ Web be installed on the system.

As I know, they will be using VPN to get into our network (not sure if into our domain). However, their PCs are not registered with our network so they won't be able to use our network infrastructure completely. They have nothing at their side, but the developer's workstations.

So they want to use CCRC to access our ClearCase, my question was CCRC only covers CC part, what shall they use to cover the CQ part, since our environment is CCCQ UCM integrated? e.g. when they CO a file, they need to create a CQ record first.

Thanks

Jirong

• tcassid
    tcassid
    20 Posts

‏2013-05-15T13:16:57Z  

You would need to install CM Server for CQ Web on the host that you have CM Server for CCRC installed on.  The clients would access CQ through the web.  Below are some details on it.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cqhelp/v7r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.clearquest.webadmin.doc/topics/cm_server/c_configuring_cmserver.htm