Topic
11 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-14T15:27:35Z by mitsuhiro
padrmcca
padrmcca
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TASP upcoming Beta release

‏2013-04-17T11:39:11Z |

A full open beta on TASP will be available soon.

See here on what you need to take part.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Analytics%20for%20Service%20Performance/page/Home

• gpahlow
    gpahlow
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TASP upcoming Beta release

‏2013-04-22T17:29:05Z  in response to padrmcca

Not 100% clear if a customer has to have ITM/ITCAM with data warehouse or if a customer could just have competitive monitoring tools like HP OV or CA Wily as long as the data is in an Oracle, DB2, or SQL database.  Please clarify.

• padrmcca
    padrmcca
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T08:39:16Z  in response to padrmcca

Hi Gary

We do support data in those databases regardless of the underlying PM system.

Once the data is in a reasonable format containing information like Timestamp and metric values.

hope that answers your question.

Padraig

• CarlosMiguelRodrigues
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-29T14:23:06Z  in response to padrmcca

Hi Padraig,

I finally installed TASP in one machine but I'm not sure if is correctly since I observed some errors in the logs. I found these errors only during UI installation.

After some search, it seems my TIP admin user (tipadmin) isn't correctly mapped for necessary rules, like ncw_admin.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014838560

(in the case of WAAPIClient: Unauthorized error)

GYMVC0042I: Configuring users...
    GYMVC0043I: Adding taspUser role...
    GYMVC0043I: Adding taspAdmin role...
    GYMVC0045I: Adding taspUsers user group...
    GYMVC0045I: Adding taspAdmins user group...
    CTGWA4079I Starting to execute the command...
    CTGWA4032E Role taspUser does not exist in the system.
    CTGWA4080I Failed to execute the command, exiting...
    Check logfile /opt/IBM/tivoli/tipv2/profiles/TIPProfile/logs/tipcli.log for more messages.
    CTGWA4079I Starting to execute the command...
    CTGWA4032E Role taspAdmin does not exist in the system.
    CTGWA4080I Failed to execute the command, exiting...
    Check logfile /opt/IBM/tivoli/tipv2/profiles/TIPProfile/logs/tipcli.log for more messages.

(...)

Perform waapi configuration from /opt/IBM/tivoli/netcool/omnibus_webgui/waapi/bin/

WAAPIClient: Request sent to server on http://localhost:16310/ibm/console/webtop/...
    Fri Apr 26 07:17:33 EDT 2013
    WAAPIClient: 0 method returned errors during execution:view.createOrReplaceView: HTTP server returned unexpected status: Unauthorized
    WAAPIClient: 0 method was fully executed.

WAAPIClient: Request sent to server on http://localhost:16310/ibm/console/webtop/...
    Fri Apr 26 07:17:33 EDT 2013
    WAAPIClient: 0 method returned errors during execution:filter.addFilter: HTTP server returned unexpected status: Unauthorizedfilter.modifyFilter: HTTP server returned unexpected status: Unauthorizedfiltercollection.deleteFilterCollection: HTTP server returned unexpected status: Unauthorizedfiltercollection.createOrReplaceFilterCollection: HTTP server returned unexpected status: Unauthorized

Fri Apr 26 07:17:35 EDT 2013
    WAAPIClient: 0 method returned errors during execution:tool.createOrReplaceTool: HTTP server returned unexpected status: Unauthorizedosresync.refreshOSCache: HTTP server returned unexpected status: Unauthorized

Looking for tipcli.log:

Apr 26, 2013 7:15:21 AM com.ibm.tivoli.tip.cli.TIPCLI doit
    INFO: CTGWA4080I Failed to execute the command, exiting...
    Throwable occurred: java.lang.Exception: CTGWA4080I Failed to execute the command, exiting...
        at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.cli.TIPCLI.makeException(TIPCLI.java:148)
        at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.cli.console.ResourceMappingCommand.run(ResourceMappingCommand.java:145)
        at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.cli.TIPCLI.doIt(TIPCLI.java:68)
        at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.cli.TIPCLI.main(TIPCLI.java:236)

(...)

Apr 26, 2013 7:15:25 AM com.ibm.tivoli.tip.cli.TIPCLI doit
    INFO: CTGWA4080I Failed to execute the command, exiting...
    Throwable occurred: java.lang.Exception: CTGWA4080I Failed to execute the command, exiting...
        at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.cli.TIPCLI.makeException(TIPCLI.java:148)
        at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.cli.console.ResourceMappingCommand.run(ResourceMappingCommand.java:145)
        at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.cli.TIPCLI.doIt(TIPCLI.java:68)
        at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.cli.TIPCLI.main(TIPCLI.java:236)

After added manually  ncw_admin role to tipadmin, the installation executed correctly that commands:

(...)

Perform waapi configuration from /opt/IBM/tivoli/netcool/omnibus_webgui/waapi/bin/

Mon Apr 29 09:12:13 EDT 2013

The 'TASP' global View successfully createOrReplaced
    WAAPIClient: 1 method was fully executed.

Mon Apr 29 09:12:15 EDT 2013
    WAAPIClient: 1 method returned errors during execution:

Method 'filtercollection.deleteFilterCollection' returned:

Filter Collection 'TASP_Filters' was not deleted. Does not exist!
    WAAPIClient: 3 methods were fully executed.

Mon Apr 29 09:12:16 EDT 2013
    NCWRPCOSConfigHandler.refreshOSCache() command excecuted.
    WAAPIClient: 2 methods were fully executed.
    [Mon Apr 29 09:12:16 EDT 2013]  Done

Attached I'm sending the logs (April 26 installation and April 29 installation (after add manuallu ncw_admin rule to tipadmin)... as well complete tipcli.log)

Sorry the long post.

After will do as well some comments about TASP beta installation guide. ;)

• paulbarr
      paulbarr
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-29T14:55:26Z  in response to CarlosMiguelRodrigues

Hey Carlos,

You are spot on in your diagnosis of this issue.

We actually found this issue as well ourselves very recently and are currently in the process of updating the documentation.

We plan to include a Post Install of Tip section where we specifically call out the permissions the user that installs the TASP UI will need

Good catch and let us know any other comments you have on our procedures

Thanks,

Paul Barry

• CarlosMiguelRodrigues
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-29T14:54:19Z  in response to padrmcca

Attached I have 3 screens from TIP interface. For some reason, in Active Event List I don't have the ViewChildAlarms... and ServiceDiagnosis... scripts.

About the installation guide, I followed somehow the steps from GA Release - New Platform installs (in TASP Scrum Team Wiki >‎ Home >‎ TASP 1.2)

https://w3-connections.ibm.com/wikis/home?lang=en-us#!/wiki/f90c0b71-2f32-4499-a915-823d977ef6e7/page/GA%20Release%20-%20New%20Platform%20installs

In DB2 installation it would be nice to refer to ignore the dependencies related with Purescale feature.

After, if we are using a SSH connection, we need to configure the X11 display. Same issue with Streams installation.

For Streams installation, I looked to the scripts files (available in the page above, since in the guide is not clear) and followed them.

A error in "Starting the OMNIbus ObjectServer" chapter, in point 8 of procedure: have a ";" after "go" command. With the semi-colon, the command do not execute as we want.

Updated on 2013-04-30T07:55:21Z at 2013-04-30T07:55:21Z by CarlosMiguelRodrigues
    • paulbarr
      paulbarr
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-01T08:17:40Z  in response to CarlosMiguelRodrigues

Hey Carlos,

We have automated the process of installing the tools, filters and views that you will need

However there is one step we could not automate and that needs to be done manually.

I have it in the current documentation, but I am not sure if it is in your version

I have listed the instructions below - however you will still only see the menu option (Service Diagnosis/ViewChildAlarms) if you right click on an alarm created by TASP.  I'm guessing you have not run any data through the system so you wont have the necessary alarms

It is worth completing the steps below to confirm that the Tools have been installed correctly

Can you also look at the AEL Views and Vilters and confirm that you have entries for TASP

If so then the install was completed sucessfully

Here are the steps:

Adding the Active Event List launch scripts

Adding a context menu launch script to launch the Tivoli Analytics for Service Performance UI from the Active Event List.

Procedure

1. Log into TIP as the administrator.

For example:

https://<host>:16311/ibm/console/logon.jsp

2. Click Administration Event management Tools > Menu Configuration.
      3. Select alerts and click Modify.
      4. Move the Tivoli Analytics for Service Performance scripts ViewChildAlarms... and ServiceDiagnosis... from the left side to the right and position them in your preferred location.
      5. Click Save.
        Note: If the Active Event List is already open, you will have to close and reopen it to see the new context menu option.

Results

When you right click on an entry or multiple entries within the Active Event List, you will see the ViewChildAlarms... andServiceDiagnosis... scripts as selectable options in the context menu. Multiple entries can be selected by holding down the Ctrlkey while clicking on the rows in the Active Event List. Select the script ViewChildAlarms... and ServiceDiagnosis... scripts to navigate to the Tivoli Analytics for Service Performance UI. Note that by default only the target KPI is displayed for each anomaly, and the target KPI is shown in bold.

• CarlosMiguelRodrigues
        7 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-06T07:24:17Z  in response to paulbarr

Hi Paul,

I see the entries in AEL Views and Filters.

But, as you said, I didn't run yet any data through the system.

• mitsuhiro
        mitsuhiro
        5 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T08:21:39Z  in response to paulbarr

Hi all,

I installed TASP and the installation was successfully completed. But I realized my AEL doesn't have ViewChildAlarms and ServiceDiagnosis. Does anyone have same issue?

I believe executing runwaapi commnad with $TIP_HOME/products/tasp/tasp/tools/external/config/waapi/taspCreateOrReplaceTool.xml should be work  to recover this situation.

Would you please let me know the recovery procedure, if someone faced same issue and recovered.

Thanks,

-Hiro

Attachments

Updated on 2013-05-14T08:22:53Z at 2013-05-14T08:22:53Z by mitsuhiro
        • paulbarr
          paulbarr
          6 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T10:24:25Z  in response to mitsuhiro

Hey Hiro,

As Carlos says below the issue is in relation to permissions on the TIP user.

The latest docs can be found at this link and tey now instruct you to set the permissions before installing the UI (older docs did not)

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Analytics%20for%20Service%20Performance/page/Open%20Beta%20documentation

To recover in your situation you should do the following:

1. Uninstall the UI

2. Follow the steps in the Install guide under "Configuring OMNIbus WebGUI users"

3. Install the UI

The tools will be available then in the menu

You will still need to run data through before you will have anything to right click on!

I am very interested in hearing about your install experience so if you could leave a post about that it would be great

Thanks, Paul

• mitsuhiro
            mitsuhiro
            5 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T15:27:35Z  in response to paulbarr

Hi Paul and Carlos,

Thanks for your help!

I followed your advice and two missing menus finally come back to my AEL :)

Many Thanks!

-Hiro

• This reply was deleted by paulbarr 2013-04-29T14:55:38Z. Reason for deletion: Entered in the wrong place
  • CarlosMiguelRodrigues
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T09:16:27Z  in response to padrmcca

Hi Mitsuhiro,

I think is the same problem that I reported previously. tipadmin don't have ncw_admin role... so during the installation the runwaapi command failed (Unauthorized).

As workaround, I uninstalled the UI component, gave ncw_admin role to tipadmin and installed again the UI component... this time without errors (see my post above).