IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-24T06:22:48Z by franzw
jdell
jdell
96 Posts

Pinned topic ITIM 5.1: Recovering an "out of the box" report

‏2013-05-14T06:25:49Z |

Hello,

I have deleted an out of the box report in TIM by accident.  The report is the "Non-Compliant Accounts" report.  Is there any reasonably "easy" way to recover this report?

As an alternative, I'm attempting to recreate the report based on the non-deleted version in our test environment.  Everything looks OK, except I can't replicate the following filter expression:

Account.Account Compliance Greater than '1'.  I can't seem to get the '1' in the expression.

Does anyone know how to do this or alternatively can I retrieve the OOB report via other means (probably by updating the database).

Regards,

JD

• jdell
    jdell
    96 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ITIM 5.1: Recovering an "out of the box" report

‏2013-05-24T04:11:21Z  

Hello,

This issue has been resolved via a PMR that I logged with IBM.  For the sake of information sharing and future reference, here is the method I used.

From my TIM system with the report intact, I had to export the record that describes the report from the REPORT table in the TIM database and then import the record into the TIM database where I had accidently deleted the report.  I did this via the DB2 Control Center console. I used the CSV file format for the export and import operations.  IBM recommended exporting all the data from the REPORT table, but I chose to just export the one record that I needed to restore the "Non-Compliant Accounts" report.  You can do this by adding a WHERE clause to the SELECT statement in the EXPORT command (I selected the required record via the ID field).

The important part is to specify a location for the LOB data when exporting and to also select the option "Place each large object (LOB) in a separate file".  I then copied the export file and LOB file to the target TIM server and imported the record into the REPORT table.

And that's it.

Regards,

JD

Updated on 2013-05-24T04:15:37Z at 2013-05-24T04:15:37Z by jdell
  • jdell
    jdell
    96 Posts

‏2013-05-24T04:11:21Z  

Hello,

This issue has been resolved via a PMR that I logged with IBM.  For the sake of information sharing and future reference, here is the method I used.

From my TIM system with the report intact, I had to export the record that describes the report from the REPORT table in the TIM database and then import the record into the TIM database where I had accidently deleted the report.  I did this via the DB2 Control Center console. I used the CSV file format for the export and import operations.  IBM recommended exporting all the data from the REPORT table, but I chose to just export the one record that I needed to restore the "Non-Compliant Accounts" report.  You can do this by adding a WHERE clause to the SELECT statement in the EXPORT command (I selected the required record via the ID field).

The important part is to specify a location for the LOB data when exporting and to also select the option "Place each large object (LOB) in a separate file".  I then copied the export file and LOB file to the target TIM server and imported the record into the REPORT table.

And that's it.

Regards,

JD

Updated on 2013-05-24T04:15:37Z at 2013-05-24T04:15:37Z by jdell
  • franzw
    franzw
    333 Posts

‏2013-05-24T06:22:48Z  
    • jdell
    • ‏2013-05-24T04:11:21Z

Hello,

And that's it.

Regards,

JD

Thanks for sharing this with the community !

I have done this several times (and I have also build a TDI AL that does the same thing) - my recommendation for people wanting to do this is to check the schema reference here : http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/topic/com.ibm.isim.doc_6.0/landing/dbschema_landing.htm which is really big help understanding how these things are related.

There are some nitty gritty details to be aware of when doing this (IIRC there is a sequence number that must be kept track of) - so another advice is to start making a database backup before starting to play :-)

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen