Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-11T20:00:25Z by KateWheat
KateWheat
KateWheat
5 Posts

Pinned topic Hidden widgets

‏2014-03-08T00:59:54Z |

Is it possible to edit widgets while they are hidden? For example, can I add a blog entry (that I will link to from elsewhere) while the widget is still hidden? The only way I know how to do it now is to unhide the widget, add the entry, and hide the widget again.

• JAntley
    JAntley
    130 Posts

Re: Hidden widgets

‏2014-03-11T14:28:26Z  

Kate,

You cannot edit a widget while it is hidden.  If you want to create a blog entry and your blog widget is hidden, and you do not want to unhide it, you can navigate to the blog using the link in the left-hand column of your community page and then click Blog Actions (upper-right) > New Entry.

• KateWheat
    KateWheat
    5 Posts

Re: Hidden widgets

‏2014-03-11T20:00:25Z  
    • JAntley
    • ‏2014-03-11T14:28:26Z

Kate,

You cannot edit a widget while it is hidden.  If you want to create a blog entry and your blog widget is hidden, and you do not want to unhide it, you can navigate to the blog using the link in the left-hand column of your community page and then click Blog Actions (upper-right) > New Entry.

If you hide the blog widget, it's not available in the left set of links. However, I did discover that you can copy the url before you hide it and then later use that url to access the blog and add entries even though it's hidden from the main page.