• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-06-27T08:14:50Z by Jaun Makenro
Jaun Makenro
Jaun Makenro
3 Posts

Pinned topic Import excel files to DOORS : baseline.inc Tool

‏2019-06-24T06:53:47Z |

Hello, 

I'm looking for way to import excel file into doors while keeping most of the text format.

I came across many similar question on this forum (or somewhere else), and the best solution seems to use a tool form baseline.inc :

http://www.baselinesinc.com/dxl-repository/?filerepoaction=showpost&filepost_id=13

Unfortunately, the site seems to be broken since several month. I managed to acces the post using web.archive.org : http://web.archive.org/web/20180527100444/http://www.baselinesinc.com/dxl-repository/?filerepoaction=showpost&filepost_id=13

but the download part is still broken.

Did anyone have this tool on hand (and dxl excel function from the same source) and can upload them on a reliable place ? 

• rmoskwa
    rmoskwa
    51 Posts

Re: Import excel files to DOORS : baseline.inc Tool

‏2019-06-24T16:07:37Z  

Hi Jaun

See the attached zip file.

Attachments

• Jaun Makenro
    Jaun Makenro
    3 Posts

‏2019-06-25T07:42:20Z  
    • rmoskwa
    • ‏2019-06-24T16:07:37Z

Hi Jaun

See the attached zip file.

Thanks a lot ! That's exactly what I was looking for.

In ExcelFunction.inc, there is this include line :

#include <\user\defibtools\ole.inc>

I updated it to the standard ole.inc located in "...\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.6\lib\dxl\utils"

When I run the import from excel script, I got 215 dxl errors... ( on call to ole.inc functions : put, OleGet, checkResulst ...) 

For exemple : 

-E- DXL: <addins/user/ExcelFunctions.inc:367> Arguments incorrects pour la fonction (put)

It seems the tool is made for an older version of the ole.inc file. I use doors 9.6.1.9.

If the script is working fine for you, can you tell me your doors version and send your old.inc ?

• rmoskwa
    rmoskwa
    51 Posts

‏2019-06-25T17:30:34Z  

Thanks a lot ! That's exactly what I was looking for.

In ExcelFunction.inc, there is this include line :

#include <\user\defibtools\ole.inc>

I updated it to the standard ole.inc located in "...\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.6\lib\dxl\utils"

When I run the import from excel script, I got 215 dxl errors... ( on call to ole.inc functions : put, OleGet, checkResulst ...) 

For exemple : 

-E- DXL: <addins/user/ExcelFunctions.inc:367> Arguments incorrects pour la fonction (put)

It seems the tool is made for an older version of the ole.inc file. I use doors 9.6.1.9.

If the script is working fine for you, can you tell me your doors version and send your old.inc ?

Hi Juan,

sorry for the delay.

I use DOORs v9.202

I have attached my ole.inc file.

The

#include<\user\defibtools\ole.inc>

path is where I located the ole.inc file on my server.

I provide this tool to all my users, so it is not on my C: drive.

Attachments

• Jaun Makenro
    Jaun Makenro
    3 Posts

‏2019-06-27T08:14:50Z  

Thanks again for your help !

Using this ole.inc, the Import parameter window open, after handling various error about column name and such.

I always get a "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module  at 000000000063000B" error as son as the import process start.

Each time, the error seems to be in the "getCell" function from ExcelFunctions.inc on :

closeIfNonNull(objCell);

I have no idea how to solve this...

I will continue to perform more test, and maybe find someone used to the ole functions. 

Edit :

Ok, now it works. It probably was a problem with my excel file. 

Updated on 2019-06-27T13:49:35Z at 2019-06-27T13:49:35Z by Jaun Makenro