Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-29T17:54:54Z by jaybowen
Tom Larson
Tom Larson
3 Posts

Pinned topic document properties not being propagated to record from doc on auto creation of record

‏2013-10-24T16:59:14Z |

I am setting up a IER 5.1 system.

I have a document class in my ROS that has four property templates set up with the 'declare, ' in the description.  I have exported them and imported them to my FPOS.  I have my record class with the same property templates for these four properties.

I have set up a subscription that AutoDeclares the record on document creation.

I also have a subscription that AutoSync the properties on document update.

The properties are synced correctly on original document update.  But the properties are not set properly on the record on creation.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Tom Larson

Costco IS

• LijingLin
    LijingLin
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: document properties not being propagated to record from doc on auto creation of record

‏2013-10-24T18:42:29Z  

It is not a right way to use RMAutoSyncProperties combined with RMAutoDeclare to auto synchronize properties at record declaration time.

RMAutoSynchronizeProperties synced up non-system properties either with the same name or being aliased between Record and Document when such a property is updated. It cannot sync up the properties at document declaration time.

The right way to sync up custom properties at declaration time is to customize RMAutoDeclare event. In the OOTB RMAutoDeclare source, it syncs up some existing properties, such as DocumentTitle, MimeType and so on. You may refer it as sample in BDSDeclareContextImpl.java.

• arronla
    arronla
    6 Posts

Re: document properties not being propagated to record from doc on auto creation of record

‏2013-10-24T18:33:02Z  

Hi Tom,

Good to see you again.  I believe the UI handles this propagation - from document to record - not via the API.  It was a convenience thing to propagate the properties across and then users can review and change accordingly.

If you are using auto declare, there should be another autosyncproperties event that handles this synchronization.  Just make sure that is enabled as well.

Updated on 2013-10-24T18:42:01Z at 2013-10-24T18:42:01Z by arronla
  • LijingLin
    LijingLin
    7 Posts

‏2013-10-24T18:42:29Z  

It is not a right way to use RMAutoSyncProperties combined with RMAutoDeclare to auto synchronize properties at record declaration time.

RMAutoSynchronizeProperties synced up non-system properties either with the same name or being aliased between Record and Document when such a property is updated. It cannot sync up the properties at document declaration time.

The right way to sync up custom properties at declaration time is to customize RMAutoDeclare event. In the OOTB RMAutoDeclare source, it syncs up some existing properties, such as DocumentTitle, MimeType and so on. You may refer it as sample in BDSDeclareContextImpl.java.

• Tom Larson
    Tom Larson
    3 Posts

‏2013-10-28T17:08:51Z  
    • LijingLin
    • ‏2013-10-24T18:42:29Z

I will give it a try.

Thanks Lijing and Aaron.

Tom

• jaybowen
    jaybowen
    3 Posts

‏2013-11-29T17:54:54Z  

Hi Tom,

The best way to work with records in FileNet for declaration and metadata synchronization is workflow.  For instance if you define some properties on a document that are also carried over to the record side, the user has modify access to their normal properties and the rm properties since they are all properties on the same document.  Sure you could apply property based security or lock the user out but this is overly complicated.  How about a workflow that evaluates the properties that are allowed to be update then synchronized, or the properties that require RM approval, or flat our reject the user input and revert the metadata that is logged as an audit event entry. 

Jay