• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-30T02:20:41Z by DB2Paul
DB2Paul
DB2Paul
12 Posts

Pinned topic db2adutl upload logs

‏2014-01-14T15:10:50Z |

DB2 10.1 FP2 on AIX.

I think I already know the answer, however I will ask.  Are LOGARCHMETH1 or LOGARCHMETH2 the only locations available to, db2adutl upload logs?

The high level scenario is a database with LOGARCMETH1 = TSM.  Database backups also use TSM.  db2adutl extract, is successful extracting backup images and logs from TSM to disk.  At this point the original TSM filespace for the database is deleted.  Next db2adutl upload images <filename>, is successful uploading backups with the disclaimer "Warning: According to the history file, the image '<filename>' is already on TSM. Uploading this image will overwrite the existing version."  However for log files there appears to be no equivalent db2adutl upload logs <filename> syntax.

Ultimately, not being able to upload logs is not an issue.  I just want to ensure I am not overlooking something simple.

• DaleMcInnis
    DaleMcInnis
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: db2adutl upload logs

‏2014-01-15T09:52:43Z  

There is syntax to upload log files:

UPLOAD-options

|--UPLOAD--+------------+--------------------------------------->
                          '-AND REMOVE-'   

>--+-----------------------------------------------------+---------------------->
          '-IMAGES--+--------------------------------------+-' 
                            +-+-TAKEN AT-- timestamp-+-+   
                             |   '-WITH LOGS---------------' --|   
                             '-filename------------------------'     

>--+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-->
         '-LOGS--+---------------------------------------+---+-------------+----+---------------------------------------+-' 
                        +-BETWEEN-- sn1--AND--sn2-+   '-CHAIN-- n-'      |       .-LOGARCHMETH1-.         |   
                         '-OLDER THAN--sn1--------------'                              '-FROM--+-LOGARCHMETH2-+-'     

>--+-----------------------------------+--+--------------------------------------+---------->
         '-MGMTCLASS--mgmtclass-'     '-DB2USER-- db2_username-'   

>--+----------------------------------------------+--------------------------------|
          '-DB2PASSWORD-- db2_password-'  

Updated on 2014-01-15T10:00:44Z at 2014-01-15T10:00:44Z by DaleMcInnis
  • DaleMcInnis
    DaleMcInnis
    1 Post

‏2014-01-15T09:52:43Z  

There is syntax to upload log files:

UPLOAD-options

|--UPLOAD--+------------+--------------------------------------->
                          '-AND REMOVE-'   

>--+-----------------------------------------------------+---------------------->
          '-IMAGES--+--------------------------------------+-' 
                            +-+-TAKEN AT-- timestamp-+-+   
                             |   '-WITH LOGS---------------' --|   
                             '-filename------------------------'     

>--+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-->
         '-LOGS--+---------------------------------------+---+-------------+----+---------------------------------------+-' 
                        +-BETWEEN-- sn1--AND--sn2-+   '-CHAIN-- n-'      |       .-LOGARCHMETH1-.         |   
                         '-OLDER THAN--sn1--------------'                              '-FROM--+-LOGARCHMETH2-+-'     

>--+-----------------------------------+--+--------------------------------------+---------->
         '-MGMTCLASS--mgmtclass-'     '-DB2USER-- db2_username-'   

>--+----------------------------------------------+--------------------------------|
          '-DB2PASSWORD-- db2_password-'  

Updated on 2014-01-15T10:00:44Z at 2014-01-15T10:00:44Z by DaleMcInnis
  • DB2Paul
    DB2Paul
    12 Posts

‏2014-01-30T02:20:41Z  

Thanks Dale.

I had hoped I was missing or misunderstanding something in the syntax diagram.  I will consider the question answered.

I will also note that I find it odd you trust me to upload backup images, if I acknowledge the disclaimer, but not to upload the log files.  That might be a nice feature for a future release.

Best,

Paul