Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-24T08:03:32Z by Lennyda
Lennyda
Lennyda
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic will not checkpoint E:\WatchData\Test.txt due to errors

‏2013-07-19T14:44:17Z |

I have setup the Connect Direct File Agent on the same node as a fresh C:D 4.6.0 installation, and I'm quite simply checking a local directory for the occurrence of a new file and when detected, copy the file to another location on the same server.

My process cdp file runs fine and copies a found file file if I run it manually.   However, when I try and invoke the CDP file via the File Agent, I see the  following line in the CDFA log file:-

2013-07-19 15:00:59,393 WARN  - will not checkpoint E:\WatchData\Test.txt due to errors

Is this error being generated before the CDP file has been called or when the CDP file is being run?  If caused when the File Agent Invokes the CDP file, why will it successfully run manually but not run when called from the File Agent?

Thanks

Lenny

Updated on 2013-07-22T08:35:57Z at 2013-07-22T08:35:57Z by Lennyda
  • AleksandarKarneluti
    AleksandarKarneluti
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: will not checkpoint E:\WatchData\Test.txt due to errors

‏2013-07-23T17:33:19Z  in response to Lennyda

In the FA log file you can find exact error you have in your rule definitions; probably some quote is missing or so.

It would be nice to put every information (log fiče, rule definitions, C:D proces etc) on this board if you really need a help.

Don't expect miracles from crystal ball.

Sasha

• Lennyda
      Lennyda
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: will not checkpoint E:\WatchData\Test.txt due to errors

‏2013-07-24T08:03:32Z  in response to AleksandarKarneluti

Sorry I'm pretty new to Connect Direct.  Next time I'll post my CDP file.  The problem was because I had a SUBMIT statement at the top of my CDP file which had been copied from an existing CDP which required the SUBMIT statement.  I didn't think it was to do with missing quotes because the CDP file ran fine manually when called from a batch file.

The only indication in the FA log file (I presume you are referring to CDFA.txt) was the WARN message as shown in my original posting.  No errors associated with rule definitions.  And as you can see from the solution this WARN message is completely meaningless in relation to what the problem was.

Lenny