Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-03T15:06:57Z by PaulLiskay
andryi
andryi
29 Posts

Pinned topic Explanation message: 'java.lang.IllegalStateException: Internal error'. This secondary request will be skipped

‏2013-11-28T22:01:44Z |

Hi Guys, I've got a problem with RPT when I run a schedule with 100VUs the tool works fine, the configuration the schedule is:

100 VUS - Change index: 30 seg  - Duration: 1 min

But when I run 1000 VUs I received this error message

Explanation message: 'java.lang.IllegalStateException: Internal error'.  This secondary request will be skipped

and the configuration is 1000VUs - change index: 30 seg - Duration: 1min

Can anyone help me?

• KMooney
    KMooney
    283 Posts

Re: Explanation message: 'java.lang.IllegalStateException: Internal error'. This secondary request will be skipped

‏2013-12-02T13:51:16Z  

Some suggestions:

-- Try switching to the latest release.  Version 8.5.1 was released very recently.

-- Try runs with fewer users ramping up slowly.  For example, 200 users, 300 users, 500 users, etc.  There could be other problems perhaps even server related that contribute to causing the problem that becomes very visible at 1000 users.

-- Look in the workbench error log to see if a full stack trace for the IllegalStateException (Window > Show view > Error Log).  The contents of the full stack trace may help lead to a solution.

-- On the agent (even if using localhost to playback locally) there is a deployment directory.  The CommonBaseEvents**.log files may have error messages in them.

• PaulLiskay
    PaulLiskay
    680 Posts

Re: Explanation message: 'java.lang.IllegalStateException: Internal error'. This secondary request will be skipped

‏2013-12-02T17:53:47Z  

What version of RPT are you using?

Are you using Data Transforms? illegalStateExeceptions typically come from invalid data

• andryi
    andryi
    29 Posts

‏2013-12-02T18:07:44Z  

Thank's pal's for your interest in reply this question.

Well, I did some test with 100VUs, then with 300 VUs and with 300 VUs I received this error again. I use RPT 8.3

And when I examine the log, display test register, in one user that have this error, I see  this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
    X-Powered-By: Servlet 2.4; JBoss-4.3.0.GA_CP10 (build: SVNTag=JBPAPP_4_3_0_GA_CP10 date=201107201825)/JBossWeb-2.0
    Cache-Control: no-chache, no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=0, proxy-revalidate, no-transform, pre-check=0, post-check=0, private
    Connection: close

I think it's a problem with the server in the concurrence the virtual users but how exactly it's the root cause?

• PaulLiskay
    PaulLiskay
    680 Posts

‏2013-12-03T15:06:57Z  
    • andryi
    • ‏2013-12-02T18:07:44Z

Thank's pal's for your interest in reply this question.

Well, I did some test with 100VUs, then with 300 VUs and with 300 VUs I received this error again. I use RPT 8.3

And when I examine the log, display test register, in one user that have this error, I see  this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
    X-Powered-By: Servlet 2.4; JBoss-4.3.0.GA_CP10 (build: SVNTag=JBPAPP_4_3_0_GA_CP10 date=201107201825)/JBossWeb-2.0
    Cache-Control: no-chache, no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=0, proxy-revalidate, no-transform, pre-check=0, post-check=0, private
    Connection: close

I think it's a problem with the server in the concurrence the virtual users but how exactly it's the root cause?

If using apache, start by looking at the httpd.conf file, the MaxClients value for starters.

That's about the limit of my knowlege on Apache and httpd.conf files, maybe others can chime in