Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-31T16:17:06Z by DPotterSQL
DPotterSQL
DPotterSQL
60 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Scheduled Report Output to Single Person - Multiple Duplicate Versions

‏2013-05-23T20:42:39Z |

All,

I've got a report that is being sent as two copies of the same exact thing when I set it up to be sent by email to a single individual once a day. This report is a scheduled report, it does not create multiple version of the same report when I run the report in the background by just selecting the run option to save the report. I checked the report to see if there was some sort of email address connection in one of the queries but there is not. It is only sent to a person specified in the schedule options.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? 

Any help is appreciated. 

David

• OpherB
    OpherB
    664 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Scheduled Report Output to Single Person - Multiple Duplicate Versions

‏2013-05-23T21:31:42Z  in response to DPotterSQL

Just a guess, but have you taken a close look at the emails that are received? I had this happen once and found that the email was being sent to one name which had two aliases in Outlook. So I was sending it to "Fred Smith" and it was being received by fsmith@xyz.com and fred.smith@xyz.com , appearing as if the email were sent twice, when in fact it was "sent" once but the server routed it to both email addresses.

Not sure if that's what  happened to you, but worth checking.

Good luck,
    Opher

• DPotterSQL
      DPotterSQL
      60 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-29T16:26:52Z  in response to OpherB

Opher,

Good tip but that isn't the case in my problem. The email is being sent by the email address I entered into the schedule email options. You, and everyone else, can see where I entered the email address in the screenshot I attached.

I think I am going to try to get Cognos restarted and see if that fixes the problem as the report is still being sent to me even though I changed the email address to someone else.

Thanks,

David

• Sprint900
        Sprint900
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-31T06:41:36Z  in response to DPotterSQL

David,

I had this problem with one of our schedules after we migrated to C8.4.1, and the problem was as inexplicable as yours is. This was a couple of years ago now. IIRC I deleted and recreated the schedule, and the problem went away.

Rgds, Michael

• DPotterSQL
          DPotterSQL
          60 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-31T16:17:06Z  in response to Sprint900

Michael,

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,

David