Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-04T09:43:02Z by memet_tiike
memet_tiike
memet_tiike
19 Posts

Pinned topic Privileges tab in the Properties View of a table should display only privileged users

‏2013-11-25T13:08:23Z |

Hi,

I want to mention about a feature request.

When viewing the properties of a table (Right click on table, and select properties), the "Privileges" tab displays all the users that have some privilege in the subsystem (for DB2 for z/OS) and the database for DB2 LUW. Especially for a DB2 for z/OS subsystem with hundreds of users, it is not convenient to find out who has privileges on a selected table on this view. This view should display only users that has some privilege on the selected table. I don't know whether there is configuration for this and I would appreciate if someone helps with this information.

Best wishes to everyone.

Updated on 2013-11-28T07:50:56Z at 2013-11-28T07:50:56Z by memet_tiike
  • CatherineWu
    CatherineWu
    11 Posts

Re: Privileges tab in the Properties View of a table should display only privileged users

‏2013-12-04T03:32:10Z  

Hi Mehmet,

Thank you for your comments. We will take it into account for future releases.  The reason we list all users in the subsystem is that user can manage privilege and grant access right to users that have no privilege before. Do you think there's a need grant new users privilege to select table?

Thanks!

• memet_tiike
    memet_tiike
    19 Posts

Re: Privileges tab in the Properties View of a table should display only privileged users

‏2013-12-04T07:30:36Z  

Hi Mehmet,

Thank you for your comments. We will take it into account for future releases.  The reason we list all users in the subsystem is that user can manage privilege and grant access right to users that have no privilege before. Do you think there's a need grant new users privilege to select table?

Thanks!

Hi Yan,

Thanks for your reply. As a DBA, I do my job through sql most of the time. The need for this thread emerged when we were demonstrating an IT auditor how to see privileges on a table through Data Studio. As some people are not so fund of sql, this view should be a convenient way for this purpose. Personally speaking, I do not need to grant privileges through the Data Studio table properties view. However some others may be doing so.

I think it is best to display only the privileged users on this view. If it is needed to grant new users, a button may be clicked that displays all the users with possible privileges. It is done this way for properties of a user (Users -> right click a users -> properties -> Privileges ->).

Thanks.

• memet_tiike
    memet_tiike
    19 Posts

‏2013-12-04T09:43:02Z  

By the way, I want to mention about another request.

When viewing the properties of a selected table, tablespace information is fine for DB2 LUW, but insufficient for DB2 z/OS.

For DB2 for z/OS, database name should also be displayed with the tablespace name (DBNAME.TSNAME), as there may be a lot of databases in a DB2 for z/OS subsystem and tablespaces with the same name may exist under different databases.

Thanks.