Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-06T15:29:29Z by ScottH
Camilo_Delgado
Camilo_Delgado
1 Post

Pinned topic Integration with Hudson/Jenkins // Resource consumption // Dedicated Enterprise Server

‏2013-05-08T20:50:40Z |

Hello,

I need a hand with some questions regarding AppScan Source. I already did some research on my own but I did not have much luck...

• Do they have integration with Hudson and/or Jenkins?
  • Are there any guidelines or indicators regarding AppScan's resource consumption? (RAM, HDD, CPU, etc.)
  • Is it mandatory for the Enterprise Server to be dedicated?

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks!

• ScottH
    ScottH
    27 Posts

Re: Integration with Hudson/Jenkins // Resource consumption // Dedicated Enterprise Server

‏2013-12-06T15:29:29Z  

Hi Camilo,

You had asked:

• Do they have integration with Hudson and/or Jenkins?

AppScan Source does not have a direct integration with either of these tools but can integrate with many through the Command Line Interface (CLI) and automation tooling available with Source.

• Are there any guidelines or indicators regarding AppScan's resource consumption? (RAM, HDD, CPU, etc.)

The best reference for resource requirements is the Information Center for the version you are investigating:

The Resource Requirements are listed under Security AppScan Source - Windows and Linux > Installing > System requirements and installation prerequisites

• Is it mandatory for the Enterprise Server to be dedicated?

It is not mandatory to use a dedicated AppScan Enterprise Server but there may be Use Cases where this is best.  Source requires access to ASE and also to it's database when launching and running scans.  If you will be running disconnected from your network, then a local, dedicated install of ASE may make sense.

In addition, if you are using ASE for reporting (publishing) your assessments to share among stake holders, one Source Database can be tied to one ASE instance.

Scott