Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-27T20:53:18Z by ivyho
ivyho
ivyho
67 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic why does it show websphere application server (2) when I create the first server instance?

‏2013-06-27T20:23:49Z |

I have RAD 851  and WAS 80 stub installed as well as tools for websphere application server 8.0 selected, how when I try to do a new->server and select websphere application server 8.0,

it will show that the websphere applicatrion server (2) instead of websphere application server, why it is like that?

I did not have any other websphere application server instances created, this is the first?

• StevenHung
    StevenHung
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: why does it show websphere application server (2) when I create the first server instance?

‏2013-06-27T20:48:10Z  in response to ivyho

The suffix (2) is added to the runtime name because of the installed JRE associated with the WAS 8.0 stub. The WAS 8.0 stub will have the installed JRE named "WebSphere Application Server v8.0 JRE", which prevents you from adding a runtime named "WebSphere Application Server v8.0"

There are two things you can do:

1. Rename the installed JRE for the WAS 8.0 stub. For instance, change the installed JRE from "WebSphere Application Server v8.0 JRE" to "WebSphere Application Server v8.0 Stub JRE". After, if you add a new WAS 8.0 runtime, you can name it "WebSphere Application Server v8.0"

2. Uninstall the WAS 8.0 stub. If you have a full installation of WAS 8.0 on your local machine, you do not need the stub. Even in the case of remote server development, you can still use your full WAS 8.0 runtime as the target runtime. Without the WAS 8.0 stub, you can add a runtime named "WebSphere Application Server v8.0" without any problems

• ivyho
      ivyho
      67 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: why does it show websphere application server (2) when I create the first server instance?

‏2013-06-27T20:53:18Z  in response to StevenHung

Thanks for the details!