2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-09T17:33:57Z by randybrown
v-michael
v-michael
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Service based on several DB records

‏2013-08-07T13:57:59Z |

Hello!

The TBSM has a nice feature 'Show rule status' for service instance. It helps in determining - which rule was triggered.

I have a service template based on SQL data fetcher. Data fetcher may return many records ('bad orders'), all of them associated with single service instance ('orders'). The service must be in good state when there are no any records returned, and in bad state in other case. Also I need to show alll records instances if there are any.

'Service Details -> Rules' page shows message for only one selected row, ignoring others.

May TBSM show rule status for every data fetcher record that affects service?

Mikhail

• v-michael
    v-michael
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Service based on several DB records

‏2013-08-09T11:22:08Z  in response to v-michael

I found that walkaround of this problem is use events instead of DB data fetcher. TBSM shows all events that affect service.

To 'convert' db records to OMNIbus events the jdbc-probe may be used.

• randybrown
      randybrown
      54 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Service based on several DB records

‏2013-08-09T17:33:57Z  in response to v-michael

Hi,

Glad you were able to come up with an alternate solution. I can confirm that data fetchers can be used as the basis for rules to collect metric values and to affect status through the use of thresholds. The events you see on the "Rules" tab of service details are events written back to the object server when the metric or status changes value.

So fetchers are an alternative to object server events for setting status, but unlike object server events, TBSM does not keep track of which fetcher rows affect which services (directly or through propagation).

Good luck with your solution...

Randy Brown