Topic
32 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-06-25T15:15:43Z by Thomas_Ortelt
TS@
TS@
12 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Feedback on the SmartCloud Orchestrator Hosted Beta

‏2013-06-27T12:32:48Z |

Please post your feedback as a reply below.

Updated on 2014-06-25T15:14:39Z at 2014-06-25T15:14:39Z by Thomas_Ortelt
  • nealapp
    nealapp
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Feedback on the SmartCloud Orchestrator 2.2 Hosted Beta

‏2013-07-12T02:45:01Z  in response to TS@

Hi,I have a try today, When I deploy a system pattern,it said  there are no environment profiles available to deploy this pattern.

• TS@
      TS@
      12 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-15T07:56:49Z  in response to nealapp

Hi, good catch! Problem was that not all users could use the environment profile due to access restrictions. Should be fixed now. Can you please try again? - Cheers, Thomas

• nealapp
        nealapp
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-16T06:08:36Z  in response to TS@

Hi,I don't  know why I must entry my host name and ipaddress when deploy ?

This will make all process complicated,

And I deploy my first virtual failed,which said virtual machine could not be registered.

• TS@
          TS@
          12 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-16T08:16:06Z  in response to nealapp

I assume that you tried to deploy the "Simple pattern with Linux" which is already available on the system. This scenario is not yet described in the "SCPO 2.2 Hosted Beta Exploration Guide". When you deploy this pattern, you must - among other parameters - specify the deployment flavor (see deploypattern_flavor.jpg). Default for this field is m1.tiny but this is too small for the provided image. You must specify m1.medium.

Reason why you were asked for the (optional) hostname and required IP address is that the mode for selecting IP addresses in the environment profile was set to "Pattern deployer". If this is set to "IP Groups" then the IP is automatically selected (see envprofile_selectip.jpg). Please note that all users are admins on this system and can change these settings.

• This reply was deleted by TS@ 2013-10-22T15:45:05Z.
            • This reply was deleted by TS@ 2013-10-22T15:45:01Z.
              • This reply was deleted by TS@ 2013-10-22T15:44:54Z.
                • This reply was deleted by TS@ 2013-10-22T15:44:44Z.
  • TS@
    TS@
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-16T08:19:27Z  in response to TS@

Please make sure to prefix all artifacts that you create with your user ID, e.g. u123.

• Richard_Ernst
    Richard_Ernst
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-26T04:06:48Z  in response to TS@

U115.   Having trouble with the mobility client connection.  Connection keeps dropping.  Consistently dropping for the last 4 hours.  I've tried firewall/no firewall, wireless/direct to LAN port on my WAP, different setting on the Remote Desktop Setting.

Mobility client still dropping the connection.

Suggestions?

• TS@
      TS@
      12 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-29T08:54:23Z  in response to Richard_Ernst

I was informed that there was an outage on Friday. Please apologize.

Everything should be ok again as of today.

• Richard_Ernst
        Richard_Ernst
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-29T15:49:42Z  in response to TS@

Thanks

• TS@
    TS@
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-02T13:23:02Z  in response to TS@

Some users reported issues that they could not log in to the process designer intermittently.

A hotfix was applied today to fix this problem.

• TS@
    TS@
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-08T12:43:59Z  in response to TS@

A new version of the SCPO 2.2 Hosted Beta Exploration Guide has just been released. Please check it out.

• TS@
    TS@
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Feedback on the SmartCloud Orchestrator Hosted Beta

‏2013-10-24T12:50:55Z  in response to TS@

A new refresh of the Hosted Beta system is available for your exploration. A new version of the exploration guide has also been provided along with it.

Please post your feedback as a reply below.

• thanh
      thanh
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pattern MediaWiki not found in Deploy Sample Application

‏2013-10-25T15:42:13Z  in response to TS@

Hello,

While following the SCO Beta Exploration Guide v44, I encountered an error at the steps in opening one of the sample offerings.  Following is the error message:

========================================================================

A pattern with name 'MediaWiki' could not be found.

This sample human servicerequires a pattern called 'MediaWiki' in SmartCloud Orchestrator.

Alternatively you can change the definition in the process application.

=========================================================================

The steps are Self-Service > Sample Offerings > Deploy Sample Application.

See the attached snapshot.

Sorry...  repost this here from a separate topic.

-Thanh Lam.

• thanh
        thanh
        11 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Pattern MediaWiki not found in Deploy Sample Application

‏2013-10-26T03:12:17Z  in response to thanh

Maybe this is related to some missing Process Application (TEST01 in the sample screenshot)?  See the Beta Exploration Guide, Scenario 2: Creating a "Hello World" process, p.31.  Or, the guide is not clear on how to get to process application TEST01 like in the figure.

• TS@
          TS@
          12 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-28T08:10:53Z  in response to thanh

In scenario 1 you created your new process app that you should use for scenario 2, too. As mentioned, TEST01 was only a sample just created to take the screenshots and it has intentionally been removed again.

The screenshot shown for Deploy Sample Application is just an example and currently not available on the system.

• thanh
            thanh
            11 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-30T18:07:57Z  in response to TS@

It's true that I had to create or deploy the sample application in Scenario 1.  However, I encountered a problem in Scenario 1 that is the 'MediaWiki' pattern was not found.  That was my original report in this post.

Sorry I've confused the problem with a secondary issue.  I need the MediaWiki pattern under Deploy Sample Application in order to continue with Scenario 1.  Let me know when this is resolved and I'll request another beta session to try it again.

Thank you!

• thanh
        thanh
        11 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-17T20:43:52Z  in response to thanh

This error went away after I created a virtual system pattern named "SampleApplication".  So it seems the "Deploy Sample Application" service does look for a pattern called "SampleApplication".

However, the deployment failed.  I'm guessing it's due to the SampleApplication I created is a virtual system pattern.  It should be an virtual application pattern, I think.  It's a different problem.  I'll open a new post for that.

• thanh
      thanh
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Cannot log in to Process Designer

‏2013-10-25T20:46:57Z  in response to TS@

After creating a new user (the same as my session access user ID), I can't use that ID to login to Processor Designer.  Could it be confused about the same user ID but different passwords?  Yesterday, I could log in to Process Designer with this user ID fine.

The new user ID has a different password.  It can log in to SCO web portal still, because the two users are in different domains.  I can see two of this user IDs in SCO web portal.

But, when I logged in to Process Designer using the admin user ID, I can see only one of this user ID.  Any ideas?

• thanh
        thanh
        11 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cannot log in to Process Designer

‏2013-11-17T22:29:02Z  in response to thanh

I've been able to verify this problem.  It is indeed as what I expected, Process Designer was confused because I created the same user ID in SCO UI, even though the new user ID is in a different domain.  Please see Scenario 4: Create a new user as a "Member" in the new domain in the Beta Exploration, p.22.  This scenario suggests to create the same user ID but in a new domain (not the default domain).

After that, I was not able to log in to Process Designer, using my user ID: u124.  Process Designer said the user is invalid.  How did I prove that Process Designer was confused with the user ID?  I logged back into SCO UI as admin and deleted the new user ID u124 in the new domain (u124_Domain).  My original user ID u124 is still working fine.

Now, after the new u124 was deleted, I can log in to Process Designer with no problem.  This is a problem with Process Designer.  Either it does not have the concept of different domain like in SCO or the new user ID needs to be sync'ed with Process Designer.

• Thomas_Ortelt
          Thomas_Ortelt
          25 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cannot log in to Process Designer

‏2013-11-22T18:58:12Z  in response to thanh

Thanks for your feedback. As discussed, for the Virtual Image Library and Business Process Manager components of SmartCloud Orchestrator, domain/user combination is used to identify a certain user in a multi-domain context (while users from the Default domain do not need the domain qualification).

For more details please compare this section in the InfoCenter.

For the Process Designer though, there is currently a limitation to users from the Default domain (doc link to be added).

Please set up users who are supposed to change BPM processes in the default domain together with other users with elevated privileges like cloud administrator users.

• thanh
      thanh
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Session Remote Desktop Connection issue

‏2013-10-26T02:50:07Z  in response to TS@

I had Process Designer, SCO web portal in Firefox, and the Beta Exploration Guide in Acrobat running before disconnecting from Windows Remote Desktop Connection.  But, when it was reconnected later, all those were gone.  This is a problem in a working environment.

• TS@
        TS@
        12 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Session Remote Desktop Connection issue

‏2013-10-28T07:32:11Z  in response to thanh

Hi, currently the sessions are logged off after some time of inactivity. Let me check what we can do....

• thanh
          thanh
          11 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-15T18:26:14Z  in response to TS@

Hi,

Yesterday I thought this was working as it should be.  But, when I logged back in this morning, things seemed to be reset again.

What is the time limit on how long the session can be inactive?  It could be reset while I was asleep (session inactive).

• Thomas_Ortelt
            Thomas_Ortelt
            25 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-22T19:05:24Z  in response to thanh

Yes, the idle session limit is 30 minutes. The idea is to free up resources of inactive sessions to the benefit of other concurrent users.

• thanh
    thanh
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Should a SCO admin be able to access the region servers?

‏2013-11-15T18:47:41Z  in response to TS@

From the Windows Desktop Connection session, I can access the three control servers.  But, I cannot find the region server although I can see the Cloud Groups RegionOne_nova from the SCO UI.  Its URL is https://regionone_nova but I cannot access it.

Should a SCO admin be able to access the region servers?

• thanh
    thanh
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Cannot create a virtual application pattern

‏2013-11-17T21:31:02Z  in response to TS@

If I go to Images & Patterns > Virtual Application Patterns (from SCO UI), should I be able to create a virtual application pattern?  The message from there says:

"Select an item from the list to see details and options.  If applicable, click the + icon to create a new item."

However, there's no + icon on this page.  I can create a "virtual system pattern" though.  See the attached snapshot.  I tried log in both as u124 or admin.  I found the task "Creating virtual application patterns" on p.552 of the SCO 2.3 Beta User Guide.  There should be an "Add icon on the toolbar".

• Thomas_Ortelt
      Thomas_Ortelt
      25 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cannot create a virtual application pattern

‏2013-11-22T19:00:19Z  in response to thanh

As discussed, this is likely due to some missing setup steps for the enablement of virtual application patterns on the current code level.

With the new system refresh to be released very soon, we will look at having those settings in place for the refresh.

Thanks for the feedback.

• thanh
    thanh
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

My Inbox Internal error: The requested page cannot be displayed

‏2013-11-18T02:33:29Z  in response to TS@

Did anyone check the Inbox?  I got an internal error message when clicked on the tab "My Inbox".  The error message is: (See attached snapshot)

"CTJCP0027E: An internal error occurred.  The requested page cannot be displayed.  Please contact your administrator."

The last step in running the service offering "Hello world" requires checking the inbox for the message, p.44.

• Thomas_Ortelt
      Thomas_Ortelt
      25 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: My Inbox Internal error: The requested page cannot be displayed

‏2013-11-22T19:08:30Z  in response to thanh

There were a few combinations of circumstances under which this error would occur which should be fixed with the next refresh (to go live next week).

• @preeti
    @preeti
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Cannot login to the Process designer

‏2014-01-30T10:52:42Z  in response to TS@

Hi, today i tried connecting to the Process designer using my exploration credentials. But cannot seem to connect to it.

Is anyone else facing the same issue? How can i fix this.

Thanks in advance

• TS@
      TS@
      12 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cannot login to the Process designer

‏2014-02-05T07:48:41Z  in response to @preeti

Hi, there was a problem with some users not correctly authenticated to process designer. Should be fixed now.

• Nooruddin
    Nooruddin
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Unable to execute any Self Service Requests

‏2014-04-07T10:31:19Z  in response to TS@

Hi, 

I am successfully logged in to the demo system and I am using the Exploration Guide v39 Exploration Scenarios. 

When I try to execute the 'Deploy Branch Office Application' an http request is made (I can see in the status bar for the browser,) however nothing happens and the bar keeps loading. I have tried both firefox and IE. 

Any ideas ? 

Thanks 

• Thomas_Ortelt
    Thomas_Ortelt
    25 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Feedback on the SmartCloud Orchestrator Hosted Beta

‏2014-06-25T15:15:43Z  in response to TS@

Closing this thread as release 2.2 is no longer under beta evaluation.