Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-03T17:04:02Z by JobinKuruvilla
JobinKuruvilla
JobinKuruvilla
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Getting custom fields via OSLC

‏2013-05-03T12:54:10Z |

Hi,

We are trying to integrate to ClearQuest with the help of OSLC. I have come across a very useful page: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CqOslcV2

But I am stuck at retrieving the resource shape for ALMRequest. The record-type doesn't have any resource shape as mentioned in the documentation and the schema doesn't include any custom fields we have added. The fields are visible in CQWeb and is available to use. Even when it has value, it is not retrieved when the record is accessed.

Basically, OSLC acts as if the field doesn't even exist. Is it because of a missing configuration when the field was created? Or is it because we need to use another API to access the record with all fields?

Any help will be appreciated.

PS: I have tried getting it with content type as rdf+xml, xml, json etc and nothing worked. I am using OSLC v2.0 in the request header.

Updated on 2013-05-03T12:59:01Z at 2013-05-03T12:59:01Z by JobinKuruvilla
  • pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Getting custom fields via OSLC

‏2013-05-03T14:45:13Z  in response to JobinKuruvilla

Hi,

What is the version of ClearQuest you are using?

Do you receive any results if you put the following URL in your browser?
    http://cq/cqweb/oslc/repo/{DBSet}/db/{DB}/record-type/{ALMRequest_entitydef_id}
    (entitydef id for the ALMRequest can be found in the entitydef table in your user database.

Pavel

• JobinKuruvilla
      JobinKuruvilla
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-03T16:17:14Z  in response to pdubovitsky

Thanks Pavel for the quick response. I am using version 7.1.2.

I have tried the query on the browser and it gives me the same response which I got via OSLC. Basically, it gives me a schema definition which includes all fields except the custom ones I created. The custom ones (for example,  Test Field) are available on CQWeb and I can modify them. But they are not available using the above query.

Anything I am missing? Or is that a limitation of the API in this CQ version?

• pdubovitsky
        pdubovitsky
        376 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-03T16:44:41Z  in response to JobinKuruvilla

Did you add the field recently (after the web server was started)? Most likely, the problem is caused by caching. You should see the custom field after the application server is restarted.
        It sounds like a defect, and I would recommend to open a PMR with IBM-Rational.

Pavel

• JobinKuruvilla
          JobinKuruvilla
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-03T17:04:02Z  in response to pdubovitsky

Bummer, dirty cache! The fields were added couple of days back but server was not restarted after that. So, we need to restart server after adding a field?

Thanks anyways Pavel. You reminded me of "THE" developer principle. Restart when it is not working ;)