Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-17T13:14:51Z by Thingfishy
Thingfishy
Thingfishy
5 Posts

Pinned topic SPSS 22 silent installer .bin file for Mac?

‏2014-04-15T10:53:07Z |

I work in IT support for the University of Edinburgh and, through our SPSS Statistics site license, each time a new Mac version is released, we receive the main .dmg files from Presidion containing the interactive installers of the software (e.g. SPSS_Statistics_22_mac_.dmg and SPSS_Statistics_22_mac_fix1.dmg in the case of the latest release), although do not receive a full eImage.

I then usually need to search the IBM download areas in order to find the silent installer .bin file for Mac in order to be able to use it to package up our silent installation for deployment on managed Macs, but with version 22 I've been unable to find it.

After extensive searching, whilst I've been able to find the silent installer .bin file for the 'Fix Pack 1', I've not been able to find one for the original SPSS 22 application. I would expect the silent installer file would come in an image named something like 'SPSS_Statistics_22_mac_silent.dmg', be called along the lines of 'SPSS_Statistics_Installer.bin.sh' in the way the last one was and that it would come with the generic 'installer.properties' file that I would need to complete.

On page 6 of the 'Authorized User License Admin Guide' at ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/analytics/spss/documentation/statistics/22.0/en/client/InstallationDocuments/Linux/Authorized_User_License_Administrator_Guide.pdf it advises "If you are installing on Mac OS, be sure that you are using the silent installer rather than the interactive installer. The silent installer has a .bin extension and is available for download as an eImage. If you have physical installation media, it is located in /MacOS/Administration/ on the DVD/CD."

Unfortunately, we don't have physical media for the installation files nor do we receive our installer files via eImage, so I wondered if anyone could advise me on how I might otherwise get access to the silent installer I require?

Many thanks in advance!

Updated on 2014-04-15T10:57:03Z at 2014-04-15T10:57:03Z by Thingfishy
  • JonPeck
    JonPeck
    388 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SPSS 22 silent installer .bin file for Mac?

‏2014-04-15T16:23:12Z  

The attached image shows what you should see from the IBM download site.  As you can see, the Mac silent install file is there.  If this does not help, Customer Service suggests that you open a PMR on this, but you might want to have Presidion open it.  The link below should you find the proper contact for that if you need to contact IBM directly.

http://www.ibm.com/planetwide/

HTH

Attachments

Updated on 2014-04-15T17:46:11Z at 2014-04-15T17:46:11Z by JonPeck
  • JonPeck
    JonPeck
    388 Posts

‏2014-04-15T16:23:12Z  

The attached image shows what you should see from the IBM download site.  As you can see, the Mac silent install file is there.  If this does not help, Customer Service suggests that you open a PMR on this, but you might want to have Presidion open it.  The link below should you find the proper contact for that if you need to contact IBM directly.

HTH

Attachments

Updated on 2014-04-15T17:46:11Z at 2014-04-15T17:46:11Z by JonPeck
  • Thingfishy
    Thingfishy
    5 Posts

‏2014-04-17T13:14:51Z  
    • JonPeck
    • ‏2014-04-15T16:23:12Z

HTH

Many thanks, Jon. We did indeed need to get Presidion to provide us the file as we don't have access to the Passport Advantage area. Got it now, though :)