Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-02T20:34:03Z by RM03_Chris_Barlock
enrico.vannini
enrico.vannini
21 Posts

Pinned topic more info on 'internals'

‏2013-08-29T15:46:41Z |

to allow a beta tester to run a good and effecitve troubleshooting session, it would be good to have info such as which process are run on both fabric and consumer node, and how to manage them (start and stop is the minimum for instance).

Is that avail somewhere ? I couldn't find it

Thanks

Enrico Vannini

• RM03_Chris_Barlock
    RM03_Chris_Barlock
    43 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: more info on 'internals'

‏2013-09-02T20:34:03Z  

Will you improve documentation to describe a little of the above ? I think itmcmd syntax and how to start and stop fabric node should be there.

Even better if you wrap itmcmd in a simpler shell, since this command (itmcmd) puts back in the picture some of the TM complexity we try to avoid here

Thanks

Enrico

I will pass this on to our writer, but I don't know how you can get a whole lot simpler the "itmcmd agent start lz".

Chris

• enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    21 Posts

‏2013-08-30T12:48:15Z  

I found in a withe paper the commands to start and stop liberty and fabric node, but here some more info that are missing from documentations:

-how to start/Stop single agents - using itmcmd is not acceptable (no idea if it works) becasue we are giving a much simpler solution here, we cannot put back in the itm complexity

- diagram of all the main components on fabric and consumer - what is liberty ? Which role it plays in AI ? And which role does the fabric node plays ? This is similar to distinction between TEPS and TEMS, and talking fo ITM this kind of info is avail to end user, I think it should be avail for AI too

Thanks

Enrico Vannini

• RM03_Chris_Barlock
    RM03_Chris_Barlock
    43 Posts

‏2013-08-30T14:40:47Z  

I found in a withe paper the commands to start and stop liberty and fabric node, but here some more info that are missing from documentations:

-how to start/Stop single agents - using itmcmd is not acceptable (no idea if it works) becasue we are giving a much simpler solution here, we cannot put back in the itm complexity

- diagram of all the main components on fabric and consumer - what is liberty ? Which role it plays in AI ? And which role does the fabric node plays ? This is similar to distinction between TEPS and TEMS, and talking fo ITM this kind of info is avail to end user, I think it should be avail for AI too

Thanks

Enrico Vannini

itmcmd is the mechanism to start and stop monitoring agents.

Liberty is an entry-level WebSphere.  It is the web server for our UI.  The fabric node is our monitoring infrastructure.  In concept, it is our equivalent to the TEMS/TEPS.

Chris

• enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    21 Posts

‏2013-09-02T08:42:55Z  

itmcmd is the mechanism to start and stop monitoring agents.

Liberty is an entry-level WebSphere.  It is the web server for our UI.  The fabric node is our monitoring infrastructure.  In concept, it is our equivalent to the TEMS/TEPS.

Chris

Will you improve documentation to describe a little of the above ? I think itmcmd syntax and how to start and stop fabric node should be there.

Even better if you wrap itmcmd in a simpler shell, since this command (itmcmd) puts back in the picture some of the TM complexity we try to avoid here

Thanks

Enrico

• RM03_Chris_Barlock
    RM03_Chris_Barlock
    43 Posts

‏2013-09-02T20:34:03Z  

Thanks

Enrico

I will pass this on to our writer, but I don't know how you can get a whole lot simpler the "itmcmd agent start lz".

Chris