Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-23T20:04:07Z by HendersonD
HendersonD
HendersonD
47 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic HS22, UpdateXpress, Update Recommendation empty

‏2013-10-24T18:37:13Z |

HS22 blade running Windows Server 2008 R2

Ran UpdateXpress 9.41 from a folder on the desktop

Downloaded 66 updates from IBM's site

The Comparing Updates part of the process ran but when it was finished nothing shows, the window is completely empty like it could not identify correctly and of the hardware or BIOS of this blade. I do have USB over Ethernet enabled on this blade via the AMM interface.

Any ideas?

• TDTemplin
    TDTemplin
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: HS22, UpdateXpress, Update Recommendation empty

‏2013-11-23T02:57:04Z  in response to HendersonD

I am having the same problem today with HS22 and HS22V blades running the bootable media created with ToolsCenter Bootable Media Creator (BoMC).   BoMC's boot image runs UpdateXpress 9.41.  After the "Comparing Updates..." process runs, the window is empty and the countdown timer starts.  If you click "Next" it says you have to select updates....but there is nothing on the screen to select.

We do have 1 FC switch in this BladeCenter H, so I also tried disabling the FC port for the HS22 blade I was trying to update, because I read where that was suggested for someone else's issue, but that did not help at all.

I also tried updating the IMM to the latest 1.41 level via the AMM, in case an old IMM level might be the problem.   Using the AMM and TFTP, the IMM upgraded successfully from 1.33 (YUOOE3C) to 1.41 (YUOOF7C).   Then I rebooted the HS22 using the BoMC image, but got the same screen with no updates after the "Comparing Updates..." completed.

Updated on 2013-11-23T04:02:10Z at 2013-11-23T04:02:10Z by TDTemplin
  • Ahmar
    Ahmar
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-23T20:00:55Z  in response to HendersonD

Hi,

You need to select the check box manually and proceed with the updates during the update exp comparing screen.

The applies for any other undetected update.

http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=serv-xpress

Workaround for "undetected" for OCl11104-F2-X and Emulex FC adapter

Symptom

Sometimes UXSPI v9.40 will display installed firmware version as "undetected" for OCl11104-F2-X and Emulex FC adapter

Details
    Sometimes, on UXSPI UI the installed firmware version of the Emulex adapters will be shown as "undetected" and UXSPI doesn't automatically select the firmware package.

Customer can explicitly select the update package by making a manual selection on UXSPI GUI or by using command line option "--select" provided by UXSPI CLI. Either way, UXSPI will successfully apply the update to Emulex adapters.

• HendersonD
      HendersonD
      47 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-23T20:04:07Z  in response to Ahmar

That is true, I have experienced that under 9.40 and the work around was to go directly to Emulex site and download the updater from there, burn it to a CD and boot the blade from the CD. Unfortunately under 9.41 it does not recognize anything. I was told by IBM it is a bug and they are working in it. In the meantime they sent me a link to download BOMC 9.3 which worked