Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-02T19:25:36Z by KaranBal
AndrewatFindel
AndrewatFindel
43 Posts

Pinned topic Promoting an attribute in a grouping to the closed grouping line

‏2013-06-27T10:37:40Z |

We use the New look and feel and have a grouping called Goods Supply Service which we display in the Update Item Collaboration Area in it's own tab.

In the Spec
Goods Supply Service
Max   99
Min   1
Occurances to display 1

With 4 instances it displays like below when instances closed:

(Tab Name) Goods Supply Service

Item Spec
 PIM Code
Goods Supply Service: (4)
 1: *
 2:
 3:
 4:

We have within the grouping many attributes and many sub-groupings with attributes.
One of the attributes is Supplier Name.
Is there any way of adding the Supplier Name to the line that is the 1: ie the instance number.

So it would be like:
Goods Supply Service: (4)
 1: * ACME Supplies
 2:   Test Supplier
 3:   Useful products Ltd
 4:   GB Manufacturing Co

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    108 Posts

Re: Promoting an attribute in a grouping to the closed grouping line

‏2013-06-28T17:37:08Z  

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to do but it sounds like you want to force the Supplier Name to be the first attribute to be displayed in the grouping. The layout of this page is based on the spec being used. So if you move the attribute corresponding to the supplier to the top in the spec, then it will show up on the top. This means Group1_Supplier > "Rest of Group1 Elements" > Group2_Supplier > "Rest of Group2 Elements" > And so on.

Another use case is that you want all 4 suppliers of different grouping to be displayed together. Something like Group1_Supplier > Group2_Supplier > Group3_Supplier > Group4_Supplier > "Rest of Group1 Elements" > "Rest of Group2 Elements" > "Rest of Group3 Elements" > "Rest of Group4 Elements". If this is what you want, then that is more complex and can not be done using the out of box tools. To do so, you will need to create a custom tab and write custom code to provide the display pattern. This can be done using the data_entry_properties.xml file; link: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/mdm/v10r1/topic/com.ibm.pim.cof.doc/properties/pim_ref_cp_dataentryprops.html.
    Just a disclaimer that this should logically work but I have never implemented such a pattern myself. My suggestion would be to use the first part of display pattern.

• AndrewatFindel
    AndrewatFindel
    43 Posts

‏2013-07-02T10:12:13Z  

How it looks now images GroupsOpenEdited.jpg and how I'd like it to look when Groups Closed with the name shown GroupsClosedEdited.jpg. The Supplier Name comes from a Supplier Hierarchy looked up on the Supplier Reference input as one off the many supplier attributes. Unfortunately once attributes are in groups it is not just a case of moving them around using the Spec Editor to re-design the screen.      

• AndrewatFindel
    AndrewatFindel
    43 Posts

‏2013-07-02T10:12:54Z  

How it looks now images GroupsOpenEdited.jpg and how I'd like it to look when Groups Closed with the name shown GroupsClosedEdited.jpg. The Supplier Name comes from a Supplier Hierarchy looked up on the Supplier Reference input as one off the many supplier attributes. Unfortunately once attributes are in groups it is not just a case of moving them around using the Spec Editor to re-design the screen.      

• AndrewatFindel
    AndrewatFindel
    43 Posts

‏2013-07-02T10:16:23Z  

Sorry for the double post but got an error when uploading the images but it seems to have done it anyway. 

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    108 Posts

‏2013-07-02T19:25:36Z  

Sorry for the double post but got an error when uploading the images but it seems to have done it anyway. 

I am not aware of any convenient way to modify the display of multi-occurring attributes from 1:, 2:, and so on to something more custom. Therefore I would recommend opening a PMR to request an enhancement or to see if the support team can help you on it.

The only way this may be possible is if you use a custom tab where you can define any order and display settings you like. You may use the data_entry_properties.xml file to do so but it may take quite a bit of work to set it up.

You can go to "Home" > "My Settings" and modify the following parameters for a custom view per user of these:
     - Collapse nodes of grouped or multi-occurring attributes that are deeper than this level
     - Collapse mutli-occurring attributes that have more than this number of occurrences
     - Multi-occurrences: Enable paging when the number of occurrences is larger than this number
     - Multi-occurrences: Number of occurrences that will display per page