Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-03-25T09:04:56Z by CQAdmin
raj_kgdr
raj_kgdr
63 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic records with same id

‏2014-03-25T03:52:10Z |

Friends, May be something new to me, but wanted to get this cleared from the experts please.

I ran a query today filtering with the id. I furnished the id details as - 4246 and surprisingly I found 2 records with the same id. 

1) Is this possible?

2) How did this happen?

3) Any way to stop this to happen in future?

Thanks

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    244 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: records with same id

‏2014-03-25T04:24:23Z  in response to raj_kgdr

Are you sure they are two record from the same database with the same ID? This can't happen because the primary key in the table should prevent this from happening. Do you have a screen shot showing what's going on?

• raj_kgdr
      raj_kgdr
      63 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-25T04:57:04Z  in response to DonaldN

yeah indeed. Attached is the screen shot.

Attachments

• DonaldN
        DonaldN
        244 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-25T06:19:52Z  in response to raj_kgdr

It does look very strange. Someone needs to take a closer look into the database and see if there is indeed data corruption. In this case, you should contact IBM Rational Support for further investigation.

• CQAdmin
    CQAdmin
    103 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-25T09:04:56Z  in response to raj_kgdr

This looks to be a customized field. ClearQuest ID itself is always unique. Request you to check the code which is assigning value to this field. And further, check where you have placed that code.

Thanks.