Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-14T23:51:53Z by GBaddeley
DanielAlves
DanielAlves
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Messages being sent to MQ but not being placed into Queue

‏2013-07-25T16:12:09Z |

Hello,

Firstly I have to say that I'm not a MQ developer and I don't have almost any knowledge on MQ.

My problem is that I had to migrate a Library from a JCAPS environment to a Weblogic one. That library was responsible to receive/send messages from/to MQs.

The receive process works without any problem. So I can get messages from MQ queues and process them. 

The problem starts when I'm trying to write a message to the MQ. 

The process runs without any problems/errors and the MQ response is not an error but when I go to check the MQ Queue there is no messages there.

I've noticed that around the same time as the message is being sent the "Open Output count" increases by 1 but after that nothing happens. I've looked in the "SYSTEM.ADMIN.TRACE.ACTIVITY.QUEUE" I se references to my message but I cannot understand the rest.

As my problem is very abstract what I would like is from you experts is that you help me find a way to diagnose my problem.

Any input would be great.

Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,

Updated on 2013-07-25T17:42:05Z at 2013-07-25T17:42:05Z by DanielAlves
  • GBaddeley
    GBaddeley
    273 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Messages being sent to MQ but not being placed into Queue

‏2013-07-25T23:39:03Z  in response to DanielAlves

>when I go to check the MQ Queue there is no messages there.

Do you mean that you tried to get or browse messages from the queue and nothing was returned, or that you displayed the queue attributes and the Current Depth of the queue is 0 ?

It is likely that the MQ put message operation failed and your app did not capture or report the Reason Code returned by MQ, or you are using Syncpoint on the Put and have not yet Committed the message to the queue.

Do you have a MQ support persion in your organization who can assist you?

HTH, G.

• oemar00
      oemar00
      14 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-14T12:33:35Z  in response to GBaddeley

Another possibility is the MQ name was misspelled and the Queue goes to a Dead Letter Queue (if that is properly defined), then you need to check the Dead Letter Queue.

It seems inevitable that you need an MQ support person inyour organization.

• GBaddeley
        GBaddeley
        273 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-14T23:51:53Z  in response to oemar00

If the MQ queue name was misspelled it would probably not exist, and the queue open call would fail with reason code 2085 in the app.

The message would only go to a DLQ if was being transported from one queue manager to another and it couldn't be put on the destination queue.