Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-08T12:32:09Z by ghldmd
B.Hauser
B.Hauser
10 Posts

Pinned topic RDi 9.0 - New Licence required?

‏2013-08-13T08:28:25Z |

If we have a permanent licence for RDp 8.5, can this licence be used for RDi 9.0 or do we need to buy a new licence.

There is some confusion here, because we are under the impression that all upgrades are supposed to be free.

Birgitta

• eric.simpson
    eric.simpson
    104 Posts

Re: RDi 9.0 - New Licence required?

‏2013-08-16T16:30:57Z  

Birgitta,

RDi 9.0 has new activation kits.  The activation kits from previous releases do not apply to 9.0.

You are entitled to the new activation kits if you are under software subscription (SWMA).  If you use Passport Advantage, you go to the Rational License Key center to download the activation kit.  In ESS, the activation kits are one of the parts you download.

Eric

• DMoran
    DMoran
    1 Post

‏2013-08-22T16:04:28Z  

Birgitta,

RDi 9.0 has new activation kits.  The activation kits from previous releases do not apply to 9.0.

You are entitled to the new activation kits if you are under software subscription (SWMA).  If you use Passport Advantage, you go to the Rational License Key center to download the activation kit.  In ESS, the activation kits are one of the parts you download.

Eric

Eric,

I had my admin go into Rational License Key Center since I don't have access.  He sees the 8.5 activation kit and saw a line for 9.0 activation kit but doesn't show any available to download.  We certainly haven't it the 12 month support mark on the original purchase so do we have to request these be generated in order to download?  Or am I missing a step that I need to have admin do?

Thanks!

Updated on 2013-08-22T16:04:50Z at 2013-08-22T16:04:50Z by DMoran
  • eric.simpson
    eric.simpson
    104 Posts

‏2013-08-26T21:10:58Z  
    • DMoran
    • ‏2013-08-22T16:04:28Z

Eric,

I had my admin go into Rational License Key Center since I don't have access.  He sees the 8.5 activation kit and saw a line for 9.0 activation kit but doesn't show any available to download.  We certainly haven't it the 12 month support mark on the original purchase so do we have to request these be generated in order to download?  Or am I missing a step that I need to have admin do?

Thanks!

Daniel,

If you send me your passport customer # or site #, we can look into this for you.  Please send it to esimpson @ ca.ibm.com

Thanks,

Eric

• ghldmd
    ghldmd
    1 Post

‏2014-01-08T12:32:09Z  

Hi

I am having a similar issue, I have RDI 8.5 installed, downloaded 9.0 and attempting to download the new activation kits for 9.0 but not getting the option when I log in.

Can you assist?

Regards

ghldmd