• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-13T16:22:13Z by ChrisGF
ChrisGF
ChrisGF
191 Posts

Pinned topic Browser not recognised

‏2013-10-22T07:28:56Z |

Hi!

I recorded about 10 tests in my  RFT using IE 9. It worked fine and the playback was ok too. I use

IBM Rational Functional Tester Version: 8.3.0.2

Today I tried to play back the brower tests I recorded earlier and the script starts the browser but it does not recognises the objects in the browser.

Any Idea what can I do?

I tried to rerecognise the object but just it does not do anything.

This is the error:

• exception_name = com.rational.test.ft.ObjectNotFoundException
  • exception_message = Suche nach [GuiTestObject(Name: link_suche, Übersicht: Suche)] läuft - kein plausibler Kandidat gefunden.
  • script_name = WEB.TestfallWEBSUC000103
  • script_id = WEB.TestfallWEBSUC000103.java
  • line_number = 42
  • exception_stack = at com.rational.test.ft.object.interfaces.ClientTestObject.invokeProxy(ClientTestObject.java:411)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.interfaces.GuiTestObject.click(GuiTestObject.java:593)
    at WEB.TestfallWEBSUC000103.testMain(TestfallWEBSUC000103.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethodWithException(EclipseAppContainer.java:587)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:198)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:34)

I also tried to record a new script. When I click on some menu items in my webpage RFT hesitates, waits as if it would be frozen for about 4-5 seconds and gives back the cursor but no recording is seen on the console...

Any idea what could it be and how to fix it?

Thank you,

K

Updated on 2013-10-22T12:02:45Z at 2013-10-22T12:02:45Z by ChrisGF
  • ChrisGF
    ChrisGF
    191 Posts

Re: Browser not recognised

‏2013-10-22T12:04:01Z  

Could it be that RFT did not load properly and lost some settings? it is really strange...

• Stonger
    Stonger
    33 Posts

‏2013-10-22T14:51:20Z  

Just to be sure, did you configure the web browser under Configure > Enable Environments for Testing?

• ChrisGF
    ChrisGF
    191 Posts

‏2013-10-22T15:14:07Z  
    • Stonger
    • ‏2013-10-22T14:51:20Z

Just to be sure, did you configure the web browser under Configure > Enable Environments for Testing?

Yes, I tried out 3 different Java Versions :-( non of them work.

What A strange observation is and you might have a suggestion was the following:

I use a machine just to run the tests. On that PC I dont have admin rights with my user.

So in case I start my RFT witout admin rights than it works and I can run the tests nicely (browser tests) but it give me a hint that it could not use the javajre6.

If I start the RFT as Admin the objects are not found in the browser.

This is a step further but it is still not clear to me whats going on.

is there something else (beside the jdk) what can be influenced by the way I start RFT?

• Stonger
    Stonger
    33 Posts

‏2013-10-22T15:27:13Z  
    • ChrisGF
    • ‏2013-10-22T15:14:07Z

Yes, I tried out 3 different Java Versions :-( non of them work.

What A strange observation is and you might have a suggestion was the following:

I use a machine just to run the tests. On that PC I dont have admin rights with my user.

So in case I start my RFT witout admin rights than it works and I can run the tests nicely (browser tests) but it give me a hint that it could not use the javajre6.

If I start the RFT as Admin the objects are not found in the browser.

This is a step further but it is still not clear to me whats going on.

is there something else (beside the jdk) what can be influenced by the way I start RFT?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. What I meant was to check the "Web Browsers" tab in the Enable Environments window. Check that your web browser is listed in the list of web browsers. If not, click "Add" and find the folder in which it is saved.  To make sure that the browser is supported, click the "test" button.

Also, you should check Configure > Configure Applications for Testing, and make sure that your web page that you are testing on is included in the list of applications. I just put the home page of whatever website I am working with and have no problems.

I am actually not sure if RFT supports IE9. I know that it works with IE8, and I have tried IE10 but it did not work. I have had no experience with IE9. I usually use Chrome and it works well, but only with javajre6.

As for the admin rights, I'm not sure how that would affect RFT. Sorry!

• ChrisGF
    ChrisGF
    191 Posts

‏2013-10-23T13:02:19Z  
    • Stonger
    • ‏2013-10-22T15:27:13Z

Sorry, I should have been more specific. What I meant was to check the "Web Browsers" tab in the Enable Environments window. Check that your web browser is listed in the list of web browsers. If not, click "Add" and find the folder in which it is saved.  To make sure that the browser is supported, click the "test" button.

Also, you should check Configure > Configure Applications for Testing, and make sure that your web page that you are testing on is included in the list of applications. I just put the home page of whatever website I am working with and have no problems.

I am actually not sure if RFT supports IE9. I know that it works with IE8, and I have tried IE10 but it did not work. I have had no experience with IE9. I usually use Chrome and it works well, but only with javajre6.

As for the admin rights, I'm not sure how that would affect RFT. Sorry!

Thank ou Stonger!

I checked them all and they look good to me.

I go after this admin rights thing now....

• ChrisGF
    ChrisGF
    191 Posts

‏2013-11-12T15:26:20Z  
    • ChrisGF
    • ‏2013-10-23T13:02:19Z

Thank ou Stonger!

I checked them all and they look good to me.

I go after this admin rights thing now....

Hi again,

Unfortunatelly I could not find a solution to this issue.

I uploaded the Internet Explorer Version as an attachment.

It seems to me that the browser problem is comming by IE. In Crome my tests run smoothly.

What can be the problem of the IE?

I tried to run the same tests with the same IE version and same JDK settings and on that PC it works but not on my local machine.

It seems to me that the object recognition in IE fails at my local PC. It works not right on this computer :-(

Any other idea?

I could try to change to IE 10? or any other idea?

Actually RFT worked fine for me with IE9.

PS.: what makes more complex the issue is that I have a remote server where my tests run. There if I start RFT as nonadministrator the browser tests in IE are running and in case I start the RFT with administrator rights the browser tests in IE are not running. It happens on the same machine!!!! What could I do?

Updated on 2013-11-12T15:30:35Z at 2013-11-12T15:30:35Z by ChrisGF
  • ChrisGF
    ChrisGF
    191 Posts

‏2013-11-13T07:25:01Z  
    • ChrisGF
    • ‏2013-11-12T15:26:20Z

Hi again,

Unfortunatelly I could not find a solution to this issue.

I uploaded the Internet Explorer Version as an attachment.

It seems to me that the browser problem is comming by IE. In Crome my tests run smoothly.

What can be the problem of the IE?

I tried to run the same tests with the same IE version and same JDK settings and on that PC it works but not on my local machine.

It seems to me that the object recognition in IE fails at my local PC. It works not right on this computer :-(

Any other idea?

I could try to change to IE 10? or any other idea?

Actually RFT worked fine for me with IE9.

PS.: what makes more complex the issue is that I have a remote server where my tests run. There if I start RFT as nonadministrator the browser tests in IE are running and in case I start the RFT with administrator rights the browser tests in IE are not running. It happens on the same machine!!!! What could I do?

I installed IE10 but did not Change anything. The same Problem

The browser opens but it is not running my test.

(but by Crome browser the tests work fine)

but I have to test with every browser....

:-(

I checked the browser plugin of IE 10 and attached to this entry

Attachments

Updated on 2013-11-13T15:27:48Z at 2013-11-13T15:27:48Z by ChrisGF
  • ChrisGF
    ChrisGF
    191 Posts

‏2013-11-13T16:22:13Z  
    • ChrisGF
    • ‏2013-11-13T07:25:01Z

I installed IE10 but did not Change anything. The same Problem

The browser opens but it is not running my test.

(but by Crome browser the tests work fine)

but I have to test with every browser....

:-(

I checked the browser plugin of IE 10 and attached to this entry

OK. I could fix this issue.

It was the following.

Our Company regularly installs Java Runtime Versions like in my case Java Runtime Version 6.

They make this installations remotely when I start my PC. :(

But by my browser test script creation I used the Standard RFT jre. What IBM installed with RFT.

So after the Java Version was changed even if I changed the Environment of RFT to the IBM RFT JRE and made the IE Java plugins disable, RFT still used the Java Runtime Version 6 installed remotely on my pc into the c:\Program Files\java Folder.

In the last weeks I tierd may ways to fix this on the pc with installing JRE7 in the java Folder and Setting the Eclipse Java->Installed JREs but nothing helped.

My solution was to create a quarantine folder where I moved all the fu..ing Java Versions (4 of them) except the IB\RFT\jdk\jre

and this solved the Problem of my Internet Explored based browser test script playback.

Thanks GOD!

the funny Thing is that on my PC if you open a command prompt and you write in: java -version  ENTER you get this:

Error: could not open `C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\i386\jvm.cfg'