Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-12-06T05:56:57Z by Rphilo
AbhilashJoseph
AbhilashJoseph
36 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Notification when source system is down.

‏2012-12-05T02:13:52Z |
I have notification set for both data store and subscriptions .  Instance is running in continuous capture and subscription is persistent and source is Oracle 10g .

The issue I am facing is when I am having source database shutdown for some reason, I am getting continous notification almost every second that the database is down and hence a failure.How can I control this message that I get notification only in 10 minutes or 30 minutes when there is a failure?

Regards 
Abhilash 
Updated on 2012-12-06T05:56:57Z at 2012-12-06T05:56:57Z by Rphilo
  • Rphilo
    Rphilo
    367 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Notification when source system is down.

‏2012-12-06T05:56:57Z  in response to AbhilashJoseph
     Abhilash

I would imagine that the continuous capture or subscription persistence features are causing the instance to find out if the database is back.

You have two ways of reducing the messages:

1) Define a java user exit as your destination for the notifications and have logic in the there to discard repeated instances of the same message before sending out the notification
    2) Use the message filtering in the notifications at datastore level to exclude the message ids which are being notified multiple times (assuming there is at least one other error or fatal message generated)

Regards

Robert