Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-14T14:47:41Z by amccarl
amccarl
amccarl
73 Posts

Pinned topic DB2DIAG.LOG reports an ENOEXEC (8) error on a DLOPEN call

‏2013-06-12T19:34:39Z |

The problem can be diagnosed by messages in the db2diag.log similar to the following (make note of the "ENOEXEC" and "Cannot load module" messages):

OSERR   : ENOEXEC (8) "Exec format error"

0509-022 Cannot load module 

The problem may be that the AIX I/O Completion Ports (IOCP) are not enabled.  This problem and solution is covered in detail by the technical article 1430458http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21430458

• nivanov1
    nivanov1
    231 Posts

Re: DB2DIAG.LOG reports an ENOEXEC (8) error on a DLOPEN call

‏2013-06-12T20:53:57Z  

Uhm, Andrew, can I ask why you're posting all these technotes here? That's not what forums are for, I don't think.

• amccarl
    amccarl
    73 Posts

‏2013-06-14T14:19:40Z  
    • nivanov1
    • ‏2013-06-12T20:53:57Z

Uhm, Andrew, can I ask why you're posting all these technotes here? That's not what forums are for, I don't think.

Sure!  Thanks for asking.  We've had a number of clients respond through feedback to our technical documents indicating that they have further questions or comments that require additional dialogue.  Unfortunately, our feedback is anonymous, so unless an email address or other contact information is included, we have no way to get back in touch with them.

Within DB2 support, the management team asked if we could somehow link our documents to the forums so that we could invite more discussion - like this!   As a start, we chose about 30 technical articles and "seeded" the forum with initial entries so that we could have a starting place for conversation.  The documents have now been updated with links to the forums as well.  

Hopefully, we will make DB2 support better by providing more interaction around our technical information!

• amccarl
    amccarl
    73 Posts

‏2013-06-14T14:47:41Z  
    • nivanov1
    • ‏2013-06-12T20:53:57Z

Thanks again!  I also went ahead and added a reply to each of the other forum entries explaining what we're up to, so others won't be confused.  We appreciate the feedback!