Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2014-05-14T15:51:44Z by TEvans
Major Shiv
Major Shiv
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to remove colon [:] from the page title

‏2014-04-08T14:19:00Z |

By default every page title contains: ElementTypeName : ElementPresentationName. The need is to remove the ElementTypeName  and :. Only ElementPresentationName needs to be displayed e.g. 

Guideline: Welcome

By editing ....\RMC\Skins\WiSDOM\content_xsl\resources.properties file, I can eliminate the ElementTypeName, and it appears as :

: Welcome

but don't know how to get rid of ": " [colon].  

There is a variable called colon_with_space defined and used in (a) summary.xsl, (b) resources.xsl and (c) overview.xsl  in ....\RMC\Skins\WiSDOM\content_xsl folder.  I have tried to play with this variable without any success i.e. the ": " remains there.

Any idea, how to do this? Thanks for your help.

Shiv

• This reply was deleted by TEvans 2014-05-14T15:48:17Z. Reason for deletion: code insertion garbled
  • TEvans
    TEvans
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to remove colon [:] from the page title

‏2014-05-14T15:51:44Z  in response to Major Shiv

I think you only need to edit yoru skin's summary.xsl (ref approx. line 122 of the 7.5.2.1 RMC skin) to remove the instructions to write value of vars $summaryText and $colon_with_space

<td class="pageTitle">
         <xsl:value-of select="$summaryText"/><xsl:value-of select="$colon_with_space"/><xsl:value-of select="$elementPresentationName"/>
         <xsl:if test="$externalId != ''">
          (<xsl:value-of select="$externalId"/>)
         </xsl:if>
        </td>

Hope this helps,

Tom