Hi Everyone, 

I have defined a tuple as follows:

tuple Arc{
int i;
int j;
float l;
}

{Arc} Arcs with i,j in Nodes=...;

A weird  error is popping up while running the oplrun and that is if in my data I give all Arcs the same value like <1,2,500>, <2,5,500> etc. it runs the code and solves it, but as I give the "l" of tuples different values like: <1,2,500>, <2,5,350>, <5,25,48> etc, the error is popping up:  "Not Enough Memory", or the oplrun is terminated as shown in the console. It is also to say that this happens for larger instance of the problem while the smaller instance of the problem even with different values for "l' in the tuple runs without any issue.

Moreover, another error is popping up: "Relaunch the run configuration". I would like to make a new run configuration, but an error pops up: "could not write file: the directory of the .oplproject"

I'd appreciate if you could share your workarounds, if any.

Regards
Bahman

Updated on 2018-10-31T18:11:19Z at 2018-10-31T18:11:19Z by Bahman
  • DanielJunglas
    DanielJunglas
    3500 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unhandled Event Exception + Not Enough Memory Before Solving

‏2018-11-05T07:41:10Z  
    • Bahman
    • ‏2018-11-03T00:19:20Z

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. However, the engine log does not show anything but the run gets terminated. I tested the codes with the same instance of the problem another PC, but the same thing happened again.

My problem is that changing the values of "l" in the data like <1,2,55>, < 25,26> and etc. will not change the size of the instance where I have defined a decision variable such as X[<i,j,l>][T][K][G]. 

How can it possibly change the size of the problem to be loaded / solved?

What would be the workaround?

P.S.: When I run the code (either through oplrun or internal run button), the PC or LapTop gets frozen most of the time and I have restart the system. Or, in oprun console the run gets terminated and in the internal run, an error pops up: "Relaunch the Run Configuration".

Thanks

From the symptoms you describe it seems the model is too big to be built, so your run out of memory even before the engine can start.

Can you share the model as well as a small and a big data set? If you cannot share things here, then maybe with daniel(dot)junglas(at)de(dot)ibm(dot)com?

• Bahman
    Bahman
    46 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2018-11-11T00:27:49Z  

From the symptoms you describe it seems the model is too big to be built, so your run out of memory even before the engine can start.

Can you share the model as well as a small and a big data set? If you cannot share things here, then maybe with daniel(dot)junglas(at)de(dot)ibm(dot)com?

Hi Daniel,

As you advised me, after removing the label of the constraints, the code ran and the problem was solved without any issue.

Thank You!

Regards,
    Bahman

• DanielJunglas
    DanielJunglas
    3500 Posts

‏2018-11-02T16:37:00Z  

A wild guess would be that different values for the parameters or bigger data sets result in a bigger model instance and that model instance is either too big to construct or too big to solve just in RAM. Can you post the full output from oplrun, including the engine log (if any)?

About the issue with the .oplproject file, I don't know. You may have better luck on the OPL forum with that question.

• Bahman
    Bahman
    46 Posts

‏2018-11-03T00:19:20Z  

A wild guess would be that different values for the parameters or bigger data sets result in a bigger model instance and that model instance is either too big to construct or too big to solve just in RAM. Can you post the full output from oplrun, including the engine log (if any)?

About the issue with the .oplproject file, I don't know. You may have better luck on the OPL forum with that question.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. However, the engine log does not show anything but the run gets terminated. I tested the codes with the same instance of the problem another PC, but the same thing happened again.

My problem is that changing the values of "l" in the data like <1,2,55>, < 25,26> and etc. will not change the size of the instance where I have defined a decision variable such as X[<i,j,l>][T][K][G]. 

P.S.: When I run the code (either through oplrun or internal run button), the PC or LapTop gets frozen most of the time and I have restart the system. Or, in oprun console the run gets terminated and in the internal run, an error pops up: "Relaunch the Run Configuration".

Thanks

Updated on 2018-11-03T00:26:01Z at 2018-11-03T00:26:01Z by Bahman
  • DanielJunglas
    DanielJunglas
    3500 Posts

‏2018-11-05T07:41:10Z  
    • Bahman
    • ‏2018-11-03T00:19:20Z

Hi Daniel,

Thanks

• Bahman
    Bahman
    46 Posts

‏2018-11-07T23:56:22Z  

Thanks Daniel. I emailed you the code and the data set.  

• Bahman
    Bahman
    46 Posts

‏2018-11-11T00:27:49Z  

Hi Daniel,

As you advised me, after removing the label of the constraints, the code ran and the problem was solved without any issue.

Thank You!

Regards,
    Bahman