Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-19T15:12:58Z by HCU0_Ken_Killian
HCU0_Ken_Killian
HCU0_Ken_Killian
4 Posts

Pinned topic SQL Query Builder won't take changes.

‏2013-10-19T13:39:20Z |

using SQL Query Builder, I do my changes, save it. And then run it. And it runs the old SQL Statement, not the new SQL Statement. I even close it,and reopen it, and it still does not take the new statement. WTF?!?!?

I open it up in SQL Script, and it works however. But, not in SQL Query Builder. I thought this SQL Query Builder should be more helpful...

Are others running into this problem. Is there a fix patch for this? Is this the correct place to post things like this?

Thanks!

-Ken Killian-

• CatherineWu
    CatherineWu
    11 Posts

Re: SQL Query Builder won't take changes.

‏2013-11-19T04:49:29Z  

Hi Ken,

Sorry for late reply. This is the right place to post this question. We are investigating this problem now. Could you please let us know which Data Studio version you are using now?

Thanks!

• David_Zhu
    David_Zhu
    15 Posts

‏2013-11-19T08:32:14Z  

Hi,HCU0_Ken_Killian :

Which version DS and what's the OS do you meet this problem? It's better you can describe the steps to recreate your porblem and then I can diagnose it and check how to resolve it.

Thanks.

• HCU0_Ken_Killian
    HCU0_Ken_Killian
    4 Posts

‏2013-11-19T15:12:58Z  
    • David_Zhu
    • ‏2013-11-19T08:32:14Z

Hi,HCU0_Ken_Killian :

Which version DS and what's the OS do you meet this problem? It's better you can describe the steps to recreate your porblem and then I can diagnose it and check how to resolve it.

Thanks.

I am on IBM Data Studio 4.1 running in IBM i V7R1M0...

I have created files with both long and short names. Here is sample DUMMY SQL:
    Create Table LongShort
    ( "MyCustomerNumber" For Column CustNbr     Numeric(7 , 0) Default
    , "MyCustomerName"   For Column CUstName       Char(30)    Default
     ) RcdFmt MyFmt00
    ;     
    Rename Table    LongShort to "MyFilewithLongandShortNames"
    for System Name LongShort
    ;     

Open up IBM Data Studio 4.1, and open "Database Development"
    Create new Script and select "SQL Query Builder" (for single SQL SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE Statement)

Enter in this SQL:
    SELECT CustNbr, "MyCustomerName"
      FROM "MyFilewithLongandShortNames";

Menu: SQL>Run SQL

I get this error Statement:

Unable to find columns CustNbr, Some SQL builder functions have been disabled. To enable these funcations, change the syntax and save the statement.

To undo recent changes, select Revert to Last Corre3ct Source form the SQL menu.

The SQL Builder is AWESOME, it makes complex joins much Easier! But, it does not recongized short File names. <Big Frown>

Now, I change it the LONG file names only, it works like a champ! It does not recognize the short names. And yet the SQL script will recongize it. How to I enable the SQL Builder to recognize BOTH Short and Long names?