3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-17T04:15:39Z by tanvimachado
tanvimachado
tanvimachado
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to generate report in Excel format using cognos 8.4.1

‏2013-10-16T05:22:18Z |

Hi all,

I am using Cognos 8.4.1 for reporting. I am unable to generate report in Excel format.I have tried to run report after modifying following internet explorer settings.

a)Add the Reporting Website as a Trusted Intranet Site
b)Adjust Security Settings to Allow Downloads
c)Add the Reporting Website to Allow Pop-up Blockers

After doing these settings I could run all the reports but one. That report has 1 list and 1 chart like all the other reports. It opens in HTML but fails to open in Excel and pdf.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Tanvi

• OpherB
    OpherB
    664 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to generate report in Excel format using cognos 8.4.1

‏2013-10-16T17:11:50Z  in response to tanvimachado

When you say it fails to open, is there an error message? Have you tried running it to save the Excel file and then open it?

What is the data source vendor, type and version?

Good luck,
    Opher

• tanvimachado
    tanvimachado
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T04:15:07Z  in response to tanvimachado

Thanks for your reply, Opher.
    The issue is now resolved. There was a mistake in the report design.
    An image is deisplayed in this report; But the path I had given was "..\tivoli\tcr_common\images\neotel.gif" instead of "../tivoli/tcr_common/images/neotel.gif"
    As the image was getting displayed in the report design as well as in the html form when run, could not guess it earlier. Tried debugging by adding the report elements one by one in a new report design, and found out the error.
    By changing this path, now the report runs fine in both pdf and excel format.

Regards,
    Tanvi

• tanvimachado
    tanvimachado
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T04:15:39Z  in response to tanvimachado

Thanks for your reply, Opher.
    The issue is now resolved. There was a mistake in the report design.
    An image is deisplayed in this report; But the path I had given was "..\tivoli\tcr_common\images\neotel.gif" instead of "../tivoli/tcr_common/images/neotel.gif"
    As the image was getting displayed in the report design as well as in the html form when run, could not guess it earlier. Tried debugging by adding the report elements one by one in a new report design, and found out the error.
    By changing this path, now the report runs fine in both pdf and excel format.

Regards,
    Tanvi