Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-16T19:53:06Z by JoeMorganNTST
JoeMorganNTST
JoeMorganNTST
427 Posts

Pinned topic WSDL Publishing Mysteriously Feeds Blank Document

‏2013-04-23T18:51:08Z |

We had a very strange thing happen.  Here's the basic setup in an XI52 with 5.0.3 firmware.  This configuration is identical in 2 physical appliances that are AO load balanced.

Weblogic makes a web service call to DataPower

DataPower is configured with an XML Firewall that allows WSDL requests and WS requests.  The static back-end to this service routes to the Web Service Proxy.

The Web Service Proxy has locally hosted WSDL, and the "Use Local" is unchecked and the published IP/Port is that of the XML FW.

The configuration of that environment has been unchanged for several days.   

For some reason, without any configuration change and without any warning, BOTH appliances started serving blank documents for WSDL requests.  Of course, the Weblogic layer stopped working because the returned document was blank.

After re-saving the Web Service Proxy in both appliances, it started working again.

Has anyone else seen this?

I could understand maybe one of the appliances having problems, or if we had just made some configuration change, or if there was some difference in the configurations.  But BOTH appliances started this behavior at apparently the same time after working perfectly for days with this configuration.  The reason I say "apparently" is because of the time of the last successful request as noted in WebLogic.  And, in both cases, re-saving the WSP brought them BOTH back to working.

Updated on 2013-04-23T18:56:15Z at 2013-04-23T18:56:15Z by JoeMorganNTST
  • jotape
    jotape
    11 Posts

Re: WSDL Publishing Mysteriously Feeds Blank Document

‏2013-09-16T19:26:54Z  

Hello, the same thing has happened to me several times. Do you have any updates about this issue?

Thanks

• JoeMorganNTST
    JoeMorganNTST
    427 Posts

Re: WSDL Publishing Mysteriously Feeds Blank Document

‏2013-09-16T19:53:06Z  
    • jotape
    • ‏2013-09-16T19:26:54Z

Hello, the same thing has happened to me several times. Do you have any updates about this issue?

Thanks

I really have no idea.  It hasn't re-occurred, which is why I haven't commented or closed this, but, it was very strange.

I can only think that maybe something went stale with the FSH for the WSPs... that maybe GET requests weren't being honored.

[Note: 2013-09-23] - This re-occurred today.  Nothing reflected as wrong in any way with debug logging on.  The appliance just simply started feeding empty documents.  Restarting the WSP solved it, but no explanation as to why this randomly started happening.

Updated on 2013-09-23T15:27:21Z at 2013-09-23T15:27:21Z by JoeMorganNTST