Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-26T02:12:13Z by chandlersec
BharatKumarBabariya
BharatKumarBabariya
20 Posts

Pinned topic Report will run faster while normal Run option ,,,,,,, its give faster output from sent mail option why it is so??????/

‏2013-10-24T06:57:09Z |

Hello Dear ALL,

When i run the report from Run Option it will tack long time to run the reports and when i run the report with sent as mail option then it will give faster out put why its is so,,,,?????

Thanks & Regatds

Bharat Kumar

Updated on 2013-10-24T07:28:45Z at 2013-10-24T07:28:45Z by BharatKumarBabariya
  • unknown_blues
    unknown_blues
    17 Posts

Re: Report will run faster while normal Run option ,,,,,,, its give faster output from sent mail option why it is so??????/

‏2013-10-24T15:07:58Z  

i didnt understand quite well by "sent as mail" option. but to my understanding when you are using that "send by mail" option you are running a saved version of your report, which does not actually fire a query to the database and render a report with "fresh" data. that could be the reason that you are seeing your report run faster.

but let me know where you have that send by mail option, that might help me in understanding your question better.

• chandlersec
    chandlersec
    6 Posts

Re: Report will run faster while normal Run option ,,,,,,, its give faster output from sent mail option why it is so??????/

‏2013-10-26T02:12:13Z  

I think it faster becuase it does not go through the cognos viewer. I think.