Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-25T21:22:28Z by lesleyajohnson76
lesleyajohnson76
lesleyajohnson76
126 Posts

Pinned topic Create Report: Query Based Report

‏2013-10-24T19:07:51Z |

Hi, I am on SCCD 7.5.1 and have duplicated the ASSET application into a couple of custom asset applications, still extending from the asset table. I would like to 'Create Report' to include my custom fields. When doing this, I can choose Summary Report or Detail Report (via a radio button) when I am doing this from the main ASSET application. However, when I want to create and save this report in my duplicated application, it won't let me choose these radio buttons. I can save it, but it wont give me the options. Suggestions?

Thanks!

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    395 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Create Report: Query Based Report

‏2013-10-26T00:05:54Z  

Lesley,

Report Object Structures (Go To->Integration->Object Structures and filtering for REPORTING as the Consumed By) enable the "Detailed" report. Some out of the box applications (like ASSET) have it, while others out of the box do not. Anytime you create a custom application you will need to either create a new ROS or duplicate an existing one and tie it to your custom application. An object structure is the definition of what objects can be used, how they relate to one another, which fields you want included (if you created a new object structure, by default, all persistent attributes would be available but you could exclude attributes if you do not use those fields to make it easier to find your attributes), etc.

For instance, for Asset out of the box there is the REP_ASSET object structure which is enabled to be used for the ASSET application. You would duplicate this for each application you want to enable QBR Reporting to use it for. You may also have to grant security access to your object structures in the Report Administration application (Select Action->Set Report Object Structure Security) to enable these new object structures to be used.

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    395 Posts

‏2013-10-26T00:05:54Z  

Lesley,

Report Object Structures (Go To->Integration->Object Structures and filtering for REPORTING as the Consumed By) enable the "Detailed" report. Some out of the box applications (like ASSET) have it, while others out of the box do not. Anytime you create a custom application you will need to either create a new ROS or duplicate an existing one and tie it to your custom application. An object structure is the definition of what objects can be used, how they relate to one another, which fields you want included (if you created a new object structure, by default, all persistent attributes would be available but you could exclude attributes if you do not use those fields to make it easier to find your attributes), etc.

For instance, for Asset out of the box there is the REP_ASSET object structure which is enabled to be used for the ASSET application. You would duplicate this for each application you want to enable QBR Reporting to use it for. You may also have to grant security access to your object structures in the Report Administration application (Select Action->Set Report Object Structure Security) to enable these new object structures to be used.

• lesleyajohnson76
    lesleyajohnson76
    126 Posts

‏2014-06-25T21:22:28Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2013-10-26T00:05:54Z

Lesley,

Sashull,

I never thanked you for your input! So I am thanking you now! :  )  I appreciate your knowledge and help!

Lesley