Topic
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-30T15:12:29Z by kmiceli
tsaijoen
tsaijoen
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic data provider error

‏2013-08-16T17:57:18Z |

installed in suse linux sle11 fix 2 64 bit, healthcheck shows everything ok but receive the following error

Unable to establish communications with the data provider server  CTJSD201E

 

Regards Tjeerd

 

  • JohnArwe
    JohnArwe
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

    Re: data provider error

    ‏2013-08-19T12:35:37Z  in response to tsaijoen

    Tjeerd, could you provide some context for what you were doing?  Healthcheck -on what target(s)-, where you saw the message, etc.

    Googling the message ID, the ITM 6.3 Troubleshooting Guide has a topic on this that might help.

    • tsaijoen
      tsaijoen
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

      Re: data provider error

      ‏2013-08-19T12:58:05Z  in response to JohnArwe

      John,

      Attached a screenshot how it is configured as well what I was doing

      connection shows the connection to our tems

      Healthchek everything is ok

      service dashboard shows the error

      We don't use ldap or sso, the system is an Linux suse sle11 fix 2, jazz is on a seperated server, itm on another server

      Regards Tjeerd

       

       

       

       

       

      Attachments

      • tsaijoen
        tsaijoen
        11 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

        Re: data provider error

        ‏2013-08-20T06:43:11Z  in response to tsaijoen

        John,

        I have installed a new jazz server on the same server as Tivoli ITM and everything is working now, it is not working if I installed the jazz on another server than ITM

         

        Regards Tjeerd

         

         

        • JohnArwe
          JohnArwe
          17 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

          Re: data provider error

          ‏2013-08-20T12:21:58Z  in response to tsaijoen

          I've asked some ITM (and TIP) folks to have a look at this thread.

          It's hard from the symptoms you describe not to suspect networking setup issues.  To the degree you have the IP and ports available (you know the values) for each end of the connection, have you manually verified that you can ping each end from the other?  Even if you don't have the ports, verify that each machine can ping the other w/o lost packets.  If there's some firewall interposed filtering the traffic (as an example), that will need to be adjusted to let through what you need.

        • KarenGdaniec
          KarenGdaniec
          1 Post
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

          Re: data provider error

          ‏2013-08-20T12:50:49Z  in response to tsaijoen

          HI Tjeerd,

          This is Karen Gdaniec from Server Dashboards team.  From the symptoms, it sounds to us as if there may have been a firewall between your first Jazz and ITM.  If that is the case, there is different information you need to provide when you define the connection to the data provider.  What seems odd is that the healthcheck reported that the ping worked.  So, if you investigate the network connections as John suggests and find out there is a firewall in place, we should investigate why the healthcheck said things were okay.

          The JazzSM and TEPS WAS server logs may help in determining what was going on with the requests.  In particular check the SystemOut.log, SystemErr.Log and trace.log (if available) on both WAS servers.

          The ITM 6.3 Administrator's Guide has the information about how to define the connection if it has to pass through a firewall. 

          • tsaijoen
            tsaijoen
            11 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

            Re: data provider error

            ‏2013-08-22T06:13:45Z  in response to KarenGdaniec

            Hello Karen,

            I have checked the local firewall on both boxes and both are turned off, I can ping between the boxes. I have cheked the SystemOut.log and found the following error

            [8/16/13 13:19:23:795 CEST] 0000004a SystemErr     R SLF4J: Class path contains 
            multiple SLF4J bindings.
            [8/16/13 13:19:23:796 CEST] 0000004a SystemErr     R SLF4J: Found binding in [bu
            ndleresource://245.fwk805100344:1/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
            [8/16/13 13:19:23:796 CEST] 0000004a SystemErr     R SLF4J: Found binding in [ws
            jar:file:/opt/IBM/JazzSM/profile/installedApps/JazzSMNode01Cell/admin.ear/Founda
            tionConfigSP.war/WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-simple-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLogger
            Binder.class]
             

            I have it working now on the same box as Tivoli and that one is working fine.

             

            Regards Tjeerd

             

             

            • kmiceli
              kmiceli
              3 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

              Re: data provider error

              ‏2013-08-30T15:12:29Z  in response to tsaijoen

              The messages you show in the last post are only warning messages for the logging mechanism (in use by several JazzSM services).    They should not impact functionality.