Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-20T08:40:14Z by ICTmember
pbut
pbut
2 Posts

Pinned topic Error while trying to apply IF0011 to ILMT 7.5

‏2013-08-12T13:17:13Z |

ILMT "Welcome" screen shows product version 7.5.0.2 yet when trying to apply fix I get the message below:

CODPT0001I: Copyright (c) IBM Corporation 2011,2012; All rights reserved.

CODPT0002I: Agile Continuous Fix Stream version 0.0.0.9 build 201307191118

CODPT0028I: Log file: ./log.txt
CODPT0009I: Reading definition file: ././definition.xml

CODPT0064I: Processing: Stream 7.5.0.111

CODPT0017I: Step: Select the Product
CODPT0018I: Executing...

Enter value for parameter TLM_ROOT ("Directory where the Tivoli Integrated Portal is installed. (leave it blank for automatic search for the product)") []:

CODPT0071E: Version of found product does not meet the expectations: was 7.5.0.0, expected 7\.5\.0\.1[0-9]+
CODPT0022E: The mandatory step "Select the Product" has failed.
CODPT0003E: The Agile Continuous Fix Stream exits with code 16.

• ICTmember
    ICTmember
    152 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error while trying to apply IF0011 to ILMT 7.5

‏2013-08-14T16:46:44Z  
    • pbut
    • ‏2013-08-14T10:07:01Z

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your answer.

I began the install of fixpack 1.

First is the update of TIP to version 2.2.0.7.

The install failed first time round because of insufficient memory.

I've resolved this issue but the documentation says the following:

The installation of Tivoli Integrated Portal fix pack 2.2.0.7 failed and it is not possible to install the fix pack without removing some files manually. The complete removal and reinstallation of License Metric Tool is not possible due to the remaining acsi folder that might be common for other applications. To solve the problem, contact IBM software support.

I just want to retry the update of TIP. Which files need to be removed manually?

Hi Paul,

I give up here. It's too far for me. I do not want neither to mess with your environment nor with environments of those who will read this thread in the future. What I can do is to advise to open PMR and let ILMT support do their job.

If anyone on the forum is certain what should be removed, please enrich this thread.

Regards,
    Michał Klak
    ILMT Central Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
    Please contact product support if you need IBM's official advice.
    If you want to extend your knowledge of ILMT, you may check this site:
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/IBM+License+Metric+Tool

• ICTmember
    ICTmember
    152 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-20T08:36:24Z  
    • pbut

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your answer.

The installation of Tivoli Integrated Portal fix pack 2.2.0.7 failed and it is not possible to install the fix pack without removing some files manually. The complete removal and reinstallation of License Metric Tool is not possible due to the remaining acsi folder that might be common for other applications. To solve the problem, contact IBM software support.

I just want to retry the update of TIP. Which files need to be removed manually?

I was given also these links that may help:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v53r1/topic/com.ibm.lmt75.doc/com.ibm.license.mgmt.probdet.doc/r_probs_tip.html
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v53r1/topic/com.ibm.lmt75.doc/com.ibm.license.mgmt.probdet.doc/tip_installation_tips.html

Regards,
    Michał

• ICTmember
    ICTmember
    152 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-20T08:40:14Z  
    • pbut

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your answer.

And if it is possible to fully backup current state of the installation (binary copy, cloning VM or whatever), you can try to remove ACSI folder and rerun the installation. ACSI location:

• UNIX: /usr/ibm/common/acsi/
    • Windows:C:\Program Files\IBM\Common\acsi)

Regards,
    Michał

• ICTmember
    ICTmember
    152 Posts

‏2013-08-13T07:54:27Z  

Hi Paul,

Prior to installing interim Fix 11 (to be more precise - prior to installing iFix 4 or any higher), you must install Fix Pack 1.

Please let me know if my post answers your question.

Regards,
    Michał Klak
    ILMT Central Team

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/IBM+License+Metric+Tool

• pbut
    pbut
    2 Posts

‏2013-08-14T10:07:01Z  
    • ICTmember
    • ‏2013-08-13T07:54:27Z

Hi Paul,

Prior to installing interim Fix 11 (to be more precise - prior to installing iFix 4 or any higher), you must install Fix Pack 1.

Please let me know if my post answers your question.

Regards,
    Michał Klak
    ILMT Central Team

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your answer.

• ICTmember
    ICTmember
    152 Posts

‏2013-08-14T16:46:44Z  
    • pbut

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your answer.

Hi Paul,

I give up here. It's too far for me. I do not want neither to mess with your environment nor with environments of those who will read this thread in the future. What I can do is to advise to open PMR and let ILMT support do their job.

If anyone on the forum is certain what should be removed, please enrich this thread.

Regards,
    Michał Klak
    ILMT Central Team

• ICTmember
    ICTmember
    152 Posts

‏2013-08-20T08:36:24Z  
    • pbut

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your answer.

I was given also these links that may help:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v53r1/topic/com.ibm.lmt75.doc/com.ibm.license.mgmt.probdet.doc/r_probs_tip.html
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v53r1/topic/com.ibm.lmt75.doc/com.ibm.license.mgmt.probdet.doc/tip_installation_tips.html

Regards,
    Michał

• ICTmember
    ICTmember
    152 Posts

‏2013-08-20T08:40:14Z  
    • pbut

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your answer.

And if it is possible to fully backup current state of the installation (binary copy, cloning VM or whatever), you can try to remove ACSI folder and rerun the installation. ACSI location:

• UNIX: /usr/ibm/common/acsi/
    • Windows:C:\Program Files\IBM\Common\acsi)

Regards,
    Michał