• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-13T05:12:06Z by Offline
abinya Balaji
abinya Balaji
85 Posts

Pinned topic Non-XML Processing In B2B gateway

‏2014-06-11T05:32:40Z |

Hi All,

We are using XB62 Box, and we have a B2B gateway through whihc we communicate with our external partner IBM VAN, the messages which is getting transferred is EDI Message,. Dp Picks up the input from a Queue and it sends to The destination and we are trying to store the response from IBM VAN in the reply queue. when this is happening , in probe in response rule I am seeing an error as "Ilegal Character 'I' at offset 0 of dpmq://(Here the actual dpmq URL) in response rule, in response rule no additional processing is done, and we have only Results action, and in Probe I am seetin that some non-XML content is present, And empty message is getting stored in Queue.

How to get rid of the error,and how to store the message in the queue? Please help on this. Thanks in advance.

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4742 Posts

Re: Non-XML Processing In B2B gateway

‏2014-06-11T11:31:36Z  

Your backend response starts with first Character 'I' which makes response Non-XML.

The message indicates that response rule is not configured as Non-XML response type.

In case you can easy recreate the error, then the easist would be to take a packet capture of backend interface.
    Doing a "Follow TCP stream" in eg. Wireshark will show you the backend response easily then.

Hermann <myBlog/> <myTweets/> | <GraphvizFiddle/> | <xqib/> | <myCE/> <myFrameless/>

• UlrikAndersen
    UlrikAndersen
    214 Posts

‏2014-06-11T14:52:13Z  

Beware that the B2BGW object will always discard the response message - not return it to the client.

• abinya Balaji
    abinya Balaji
    85 Posts

‏2014-06-11T15:23:05Z  

Hi Herman and Urik,

thanks for your response. In my scenario , We are passing message to External partner, and we have created a b2b gateway for that and we use Default rules of B2B gateway. So i do not know where should i change the response rule type to Non-XML, and we use the same b2b gateway for both XML and EDI messages.

And in Probe , in response rule i am seeing the MDN message , I dont know how and why MDN message is coming to response rule.  Please help.

• JeffreyLiu
    JeffreyLiu
    5 Posts

‏2014-06-12T17:41:27Z  

Hi Herman and Urik,

thanks for your response. In my scenario , We are passing message to External partner, and we have created a b2b gateway for that and we use Default rules of B2B gateway. So i do not know where should i change the response rule type to Non-XML, and we use the same b2b gateway for both XML and EDI messages.

And in Probe , in response rule i am seeing the MDN message , I dont know how and why MDN message is coming to response rule.  Please help.

If you are not interested in MDN, you should leave the default processing policy to "none" and set "response traffic type" as Non-XML in the "main" tab of partner profile. 

Also, please not the MDN can't be passed to your backend system because B2B Gateway service will strip any response payload when returning the response to your queue. So it is expected that you see an empty message in the queue. Some workaround (e.g. chaining a MPGW in front of B2BGW) is needed to pass the MDN forward. 

230 Posts

‏2014-06-13T05:12:06Z  

If you are not interested in MDN, you should leave the default processing policy to "none" and set "response traffic type" as Non-XML in the "main" tab of partner profile. 

Also, please not the MDN can't be passed to your backend system because B2B Gateway service will strip any response payload when returning the response to your queue. So it is expected that you see an empty message in the queue. Some workaround (e.g. chaining a MPGW in front of B2BGW) is needed to pass the MDN forward. 

If you are getting a MDN back your are using as2:// as protocol, right?

If so, DP will handle the MDN for you and update the B2B transaction viewer accordingly. If you need to get the MDN to your backend systems then use a MPGW as a "forward proxy" and grab it there, e.g. MQ->B2BGW->MPGW->External Partner.

In FW 7 (released today) there will also be as AS2 passthrough in the MPGW that might be helpful for your purpose.

AS for response-type in B2B GW you can't set it, and if you don't know what the response is you are going to have to set the actions in any rule to "non-xml" and only use Binary Transform.
    Again, in FW 7 you will be able to use Gateway Script instead to find out if it is XML or non-xml. GatewayScript has two input formats it detects, JSON or "Buffer" where the buffer will contain anything that is not JSON meaning both XML and non-xml messages.

Try to explain the message types and more in detail what you need and we might be able to better support you... :)

Regards,
    Anders