Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-06T18:00:11Z by Yevo
MartinHansson
MartinHansson
57 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic 64 bit version of Rhapsody?

‏2013-07-02T04:54:29Z |

Would I be correct in assuming that the 64 bit version of Rhapsody can be used in conjunction with the 32 bit version on the same projects? I.e. I can have one developer use the 64 bit version and another develoepr still using the 32 bit version can work in the same project?

Are there any considerations when working like that (typically things like differences in files that lives in the Share folder).

• Yevo
    Yevo
    257 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: 64 bit version of Rhapsody?

‏2013-07-02T06:46:11Z  in response to MartinHansson

You can work on the same project using different Rhapsody versions (64 bit or 32 bit). The problem indeed may appear if you generate code and build application for any MSVC environment, because default value of CPU property is equal to x86 for 32 bit Rhapsody but x64 for 64 bit Rhapsody. Also if you make application on 32 bit Rhapsody, it will take 32 bit framework libraries, which are supplied with Rhapsody installation.

To solve this problem you should synchronize libraries and properties:

1) if you want to build 32 bit application: change CPP_CG.MSVC.CPU (or C_CG) property to x86 in Rhapsody 64 bit and rebuild framework. In this case libraries in 64 bit Share folder will be identical to existing libraries in 32 bit Share folder.

2) if you are going to build 64 bit application: change MSVC CPU property to x64 in Rhapsody 32 bit and rebuild framework.

In both cases since CPU property is overridden, the same value will be used in both cases.

• MartinHansson
    MartinHansson
    57 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-03T08:28:55Z  in response to MartinHansson

Thanks!

In other words we should be able to make that happen. Unfortunatley there turned out to be a code genaration diffrence between 8.0.3 and our prior version, 7.6.1, that we can't fix right now so we will have to go with 8.0.2 instead.

• Yevo
      Yevo
      257 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-06T18:00:11Z  in response to MartinHansson

What is the difference that you cannot fix and which prevents you from moving to 8.0.3?